The magnolia 玉兰花

几点催花雨过后,我想起了我那久违的玉兰花。踏着松软的泥土,我来到了它的身边。初春时,我认为那些绿色的小芽是它的叶子,现在发现我错了,原来那些小芽是玉兰花的花苞。有的花瓣已经顶破了花萼,露出了笑脸,但还有些“犹抱琵琶半遮面”的娇羞。这些花蕾就如吸饱了墨汁的毛笔,正在酝酿如何挥洒自己的美丽。玉兰花为什么先开花后长叶子呢?我思考了很久,可能是经受了太久的寒冬的寂寞,要把美丽提前展现给我们吧!

After the accelerative rain of blossoming, I thought of the long-unseen magnolia. I came to its side steping on the loose soil. The early spring I have considered that green buds were their leaves,now I was wrong. The green buds are their flower buds. Some petals have broken the calyxes showing the smilling faces with shy. They like the brushes of sucking full ink and they are brewing how to show their loveliness. Why the magnolia blossom before the leaves sprout? I thought for a long time , maybe they subjected to the loneliness of severe winter for a long time and show to us beauty ahead of schedule.

The magnolia 玉兰花

Translating from your Chinese.  催花雨 gave me the most headache in trying to come up with an appropriate poetic translation.  This is the best I could do at the time.

After the few drops of the bloom-urging rain came, I thought of the long absence of the magnolias. Upon the soft soil I came trodding to them. In this early spring, how wrong I was to be mistaken these small green buds as leaves. [The next sentence is considered redundant in English because of the context of the previous sentence] Some petals had broken through the calyx, exposing their smilely faces tinged with coyness; like a shy beauty hiding behind a pipa.  Like ink-drenched calligraphy brushes, they are mulling how to paint their beauty to the world.  Why do magnolias bloom before its leaves appear? For a long time, deep in thought, I finally understood - too long in the solitude of the harsh winters, they wanted to display themselves to us ahead of their schedule.

The magnolia 玉兰花

Not understanding Chinese and in prose form,

After the accelerative promptness of the rain came urging the blooms of blossoming, I thought of the long and unseen magnolias. So in the early spring, I came to its side stepping trodding upon the loose soil. The early spring I have considered thought that the green buds were things were their leaves now but I was wrong. These green buds "leaves" are their flower were in fact the buds. Some petals have had broken through the calyxes showing their smilling smiling but shy faces with shy. They are like the brushes of sucking full dripping with ink; and they are brewing how to show ready to paint the sky with their colors loveliness. [This is how one would express in English]Why the magnolia blossoms come first before the it leaves sprout? I thought for a long time. , maybe Perhaps they were subjected to the loneliness of the long severe winter for a long time and show to us now bursting with impatient beauty, ahead of schedule.