Just a thought.....!!!!...

Is there really a kind of love that is absolutely selfless... I mean where one gives their all without any expectation.
From what I think there is always something that one wants out of a relationship.All relationships involving different form of human emotions mostly love are symbiotic.
Even the most purest form of love, between a child and a mother is a give and take relation. I know it sounds cynical but this is just something somewhat inherent to us. The mother gives the child a feeling of security which he instinctively recognises and hence he loves her. The mother on the other hand also has her own reason for loving the child. For her the child is a promise of future happiness. She does have emotional expectations from the child.
Was just reading a mills and boons novel and well they definetly always talk about how selfless,great..sacrificing a person in love always is.They can go through just about anything for their so called better halves without wanting anything in return. To me honestly that is totally unbelievable.. If there really is such a person alive in this age and time then well hats of to him/her..

Just a thought.....!!!!...

Is there really a kind of love that is absolutely selfless? I mean, where one gives their all without any expectation.

I think there is always something that someone wants out of a relationship.

All relationships involving different form of human emotions mostly love are symbiotic. (not sure what this sentense tries to say)

Even the most purest form of love, between a child and a mother for example, is a give and take relationship.

I know it sounds cynical, but this is just something somewhat inherent in us.

The mother gives the child a feeling of security which it instinctively recognises and hence it loves her.

The mother on the other hand, also has her own reason for loving the child.

For her, the child is a promise of future happiness.

She does have emotional expectations of the child.

I was just reading a Mills and Boons novel and well in it they definetly always talk about how selfless, great and sacrificing a person in love always is.

People in love can go through just about anything for their so called better halves, without wanting anything in return.

To me, honestly, that is totally unbelievable. If there is really such a person alive, in this age and time, then well hats off to him or her.