Bavaria travel experiences 3: Sophienhöhle

During our travel through the Ahorn Valley in northern Bavaria we came into the most beautiful cave I ever saw. The Sophienhöhle (Cave of Sophie).

The leader told us that the name comes from some princess. The soon to be husband liked her very much and also the sons father who was some kind of a king liked her too and to make his soon to be daughter in law totally happy he gave the cave her name Sophie. I do not know if the story is 100% right I forgot it already a bit.

What is so special about the cave? Well, it is the most beautiful cave with stalagtites and stalagnites. Just a few hundred meters away from the place we lived although some more meters steep up it is located. Hundreds of stalagtites and stalagnites who needed thousands of years to be created. The biggest one is being called "the millionaire". A big white stalagnite with over one million years of age.

Sure there are other caves like this existing and I saw these kinds of caves in other places during my life already but no cave ever had the same beauty like this one. And this cave even has a rarity.

During the last ice age a pre-historical race of cave bears lived in this cave. Over a few hundred years they found enough bones to rebuild the worlds onliest complete skeleton of such a pre-historical cave bear. The bones are not all from the same bear but over the years they found all cave-bear bones from the same race needed to rebuild a complete skeleton. With experts and special computer programs they made sure that this is really original although the bones have to been collected from different bear corpses they found. No bone is missing not even the smallest knuckle. They even found the bones of the tongue. I was able to shoot a perfect picture of this worlds onliest rarity and uploaded it with all the other pictures from my travel you can find in the link at the bottom of this notebook entry.

The cave has the natural habit of being very dark but luckily it was allowed to make pictures with lightning. The leader, his name is Pablo, is a very funny one and he made the tour really interesting and he knows a lot. You can see him on one of the pictures beside the millionaire stalagnite.

The tour was very beautiful, informational and very cheap. The cave of Sophie is really a must see if you ever should come across the Ahorn Valley.

https://picasaweb.google.com/103067377352311950152/FrankischeSchweiz15April2013?authkey=Gv1sRgCL-Kr_-woIiFBA

During our travel through the Ahorn Valley in northern Bavaria we visited the most beautiful cave I ever saw. The Sophienhöhle (Cave of Sophie).

The leader told us that the name comes from some princess. The soon-to-be husband liked her very much and also the sons' father, who was some kind of a king, liked her too and to make his soon-to-be daughter in law totally happy, he gave the cave her name - Sophie. I do not know if the story is 100% right. I have forgotten it a bit already.

What is so special about the cave? Well, it is the most beautiful cave, with stalagtites and stalagmites. Just a few hundred meters away from the place we lived, although located some more meters up and steep it is located. These hundreds of stalagtites and stalagnites needed thousands of years to be created. The biggest one is being called "the millionaire". A big white stalagmite is over one million years of age.

Sure, there are other caves like this existing and I saw these kinds of caves in other places during my life already, but no cave ever had the same beauty as this one. And this cave even has a rarity.

During the last ice age a prehistoric race of cave bears lived in this cave. Over a few hundred years, they found enough bones to rebuild the worlds only complete skeleton of such a prehistoric cave bear. The bones are not all from the same bear, but over the years they found all cave-bear bones from the same race needed to rebuild a complete skeleton. With experts and special computer programs, they made sure that this was really original, although the bones have to been collected from different bear corpses they found. No bone is missing, not even the smallest knuckle. They even found the bones of the tongue. I was able to shoot a perfect picture of this world's onliest rarity and uploaded it with all the other pictures from my travel, which you can find in the link at the bottom of this notebook entry.

The cave has the natural habit of being very dark, but luckily, it was allowed to make pictures with lighting. The leader, whose name is Pablo, is a very funny one and he made the tour really interesting and he knows a lot. You can see him in one of the pictures beside the millionaire stalagnite.

The tour was very beautiful, informative and very cheap. The cave of Sophie is really a must-see if you ever should come across the Ahorn Valley.

[Very good work.  Mostly corrections with commas - minor.]