last archery competition

On saturday 16th march I was, as usual, practicing archery in the field of my archery team. There I knew that the following day it would have been an archery competition not so far away. I was dubious about joining the match, as the weather was supposed to be quite bad: snow during most of the day. Another fact that I was worried about was the cold temperature: my hands suffer very much these conditions and gloves are unconfortable in this sport. One guy from my team advised me to buy a cream that helps the blood circulation and gives a warm sensation to hands. In the evening I thus went to the pharmacy and bought this cream: about 8 euros, at that point I could not stay at home the next day. Moreover in my town was supposed to be rainy, so I chose the snow.

On sunday morning I met another guy from my team and we went together to the locality where the match would have taken place. When we arrived, at 8:00, it was snowing. I put the cream on my hands and we went to the little house to register our presence and pay. The organization offered some coffee. Then we waited for the other people arrival and for the making of the groups. During the wait i started to feel my feet get icy, so I decided to use the cream also on my them.

After more than 30 minutes the organization made the groups and we were so able to start walking towards our starting point. The walk in the wood helped my feet to warm up and I was thus feeling good. Also my hands were not suffering the cold.
At 9:20 we started shooting. A beautiful background for a competition: a silent wood with snow falling. This alone paid back for the early rise. Near midday the temperature rose a bit so the snow started to turn into rain and I started to get wet. In a few time my hat was completely wet and when I had to note the scores the water flooded my sheets, so that was almost impossible to write without making a hole into them... damn!

Anyway the contest was beautiful and ended at 14.00; we then have lunch: minestrone as first dish, boar stew with polenta as second. A piece of cake in the end.

After the lunch there was the prizegiving of the winners. Obviously I was not among them, anyway I am quite satisfied with my performance.
Only today I received the e-mail with the complete ranking list: I placed 18th out of 27, with 328 points. The winner gained 680 points! what a shame! I have much to do in order to get better. I hope the next time will go better.

last archery competition

On Saturday, the 16th of March, I was, as usual, practicing archery in the field of my archery team. There I knew that the following day there would have been an archery competition not so far away. I was dubious about joining the match, as the weather was supposed to be quite bad: snow during most of the day. Another fact that I was worried about was the cold temperature: my hands suffer very much these conditions and gloves are unconfortable in this sport. One guy from my team advised me to buy a cream that helps the blood circulation and gives a warm sensation to hands. In the evening I thus went to the pharmacy and bought this cream: about 8 euros, at that point I could not stay at home the next day. Moreover, in my town was supposed to be rainy, so I chose the snow.

On Sunday morning, I met another guy from my team and we went together to the locality where the match would have taken place. When we arrived, at 8:00, it was snowing. I put the cream on my hands and we went to the little house to register our presence and pay. The organization offered some coffee. Then we waited for the other people to arrive and for the making of the groups. During the wait, I started to feel my feet get icy, so I decided to use the cream on them, also.

After more than 30 minutes, the organization made the groups and we were so able to start walking towards our starting point. The walk in the wood helped my feet to warm up and I was thus feeling good. Also, my hands were not suffering from the cold.
    At 9:20 we started shooting. A beautiful background for a competition: a silent wood with snow falling. This alone paid back for the early rise. Near midday, the temperature rose a bit, so the snow started to turn into rain and I started to get wet. In a short time, my hat was completely wet and when I had to note the scores the water flooded my sheets, so that was almost impossible to write without making a hole into them... damn!

Anyway, the contest was beautiful and ended at 14.00; we then had lunch: minestrone as first dish, boar stew with polenta as second. A piece of cake in the end.

After the lunch, there was the prize giving for the winners. Obviously, I was not among them, but anyway I am quite satisfied with my performance.
    Only today I received the e-mail with the complete ranking list: I placed 18th out of 27, with 328 points. The winner gained 680 points! What a shame! I have much to do in order to get better. I hope the next time will go better.

[Good story and a nice description.  Good luck next time.]