Knowing an Additional Language

In the globalized world knowing an additional language is a competitive advantage. Schools in communities where immigrant population is high can become the centers of multilingual and multicultural learning. This will be a source of learning for the local students as they will have a great chance to learn another language, understand cultures and embrace diversity. With shifting global environment towards multicultural understanding as businesses expand and individuals move to different countries, these are the skills in higher demand. In some countries the debate is still on between choosing either multiculturalism or assimilation or something in the middle. But one school, considered to be of low rank, is trying to show the way. Read on...

The Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2013/feb/28/school-20-languages-gladstone-primary

Knowing an Additional Language

In the globalized world, knowing an additional language is a competitive advantage. Schools in communities where immigrant population is high can become the centers of multilingual and multicultural learning. This will be a source of learning for the local students, as they will have a great chance to learn another language, understand cultures and embrace diversity. With global environment shifting towards multicultural understanding as businesses expand and individuals move to different countries, these are the skills in higher demand. In some countries, the debate is still on between choosing either multiculturalism, assimilation or something in the middle. But one school, considered to be of low rank, is trying to show the way. Read on...

[Excellent.]