Farsi and science terms

How would I use these terms:
Hello Everyone, and thank you all for your help! These are science terms I read and Google translator did not do a good job of explaining them!

تکامل = "Evolution, development"?

فرگشت = "Evolution"

Are these more scientific? Like Darwin's "Theory of Evolution" ? Which of them would I use like that: "Man evolved from Apes"

Is there another term for "Descended from?" : "Humans are descended from Apes, which are descended from Monkeys"

متعلق بودن به = to belong to?

How would I use this in a sentence?

Hi

Years ago when translators started translating books about "Evolution" to Farsi, they always used the term "تکامل" for it but after some years Iranian scientists and students changed this word to a better equivalent which makes more sense: "فرگشت". 

The problem with the word "تکامل" was that it means "getting better, improving, getting more complete" but as you may know "Evolution" is not always about improving. So the other word "فرگشت" is commonly used by more educated people who read articles about Darwin's Evolution and know what it's all about though there are still some other people who don't know this word.

Overall, in Iran we use both terms for "Evolution" but "فرگشت" is a better equivalent.

Good Luck!

Farsi and science terms

How would I use these terms:

تکامل = "Evolution, development" evolution is the best one.

فرگشت = "Evolution" I don't know wht you mean by this word. Sorry but I've never heard such a word in Farsi.

Is there another term for "Descended from?" بوجود آمدن : "Humans are descended from Apes, which are descended from Monkeys"

متعلق بودن به = to belong to yes

How would I use this in a sentence?

Is this bicycle belong to you? آیا این دوچرخه مال توست/متعلق به توست؟

Monkeys are belong to Apes family.  میمون ها متعلق به خانواده انسانریخت ها است

Farsi and science terms

How would I use these terms:

تکامل = "Evolution, development"?

تکامل

فرگشت = "Evolution"

متعلق بودن به = to belong to?

How would I use this in a sentence?

hi. as i do no know your persian level, it is very hard for me o answer your question. it is worth to mention that there are some slight differences between formal and informal persian.

as you mentioned متعلق بودن= belong to and you can use it in formal persian

e.g

this book belongs to me. = in ketab be man taalogh dara. این کتاب به من تعلق دارد. ----- in ketab male man ast = informal.

e.g

this animal belongs to mammal category . in heyvan be daste (gorohe) pestandaran taalogh darad.

when it comes to تکامل i  have to say that its translation depend on the kind of sciences you are dealing with.

as you wrote in biology we say  نظریه تکامل داروین

فرگشت is not very popular and i suggest you not to use it.

mammals are more developed than birds.

پستانداران بیشتر از پرندگان تکامل یافته اند.

pay attention please in translating the economocal text (when you are reading about unanimated things) you can translate "developed" as توسعه یافته

e.g

japan is more develped than china.

ژاپن بیشتر از چین توسعه یافته است. japon bishtar az chin toseeh yafteh ast.

More notebook entries written in Persian (Farsi)