A better internet user

Some people think the internet will turn the world in a better place by giving us the opportunity to listen and spread the global news without being censured.

This will be true only if we (the users) use the internet wisely.

Internet is a powerful tool, but is ruled by business and we need to know how to use it to not end as mere spectators like when we watch tv.

A a good way to start being a better internet user is "look for the source".

We are spammed by news, ads and entries at every minute. Don't trust to every single text you get.

If you get a medical text, look for the signature. Is the signature there? then search for the doctor's blog to validate the text. The blog exist? then search for the doctor's awards and so on.

Don't share a text without confirm the authenticity of the text. Is a hard work to search by the sources but "great power comes with great responsibilities"

A better internet user

Some people think that the internet will turn the world into a better place by giving us the opportunity to listen and spread the global news without being censored.

The Internet is a powerful tool, but it is ruled by business and we need to know how to use it so that we don't  to not  end up as mere spectators like when we watch tv.

A a good way to start being becoming a better internet user is to "look for the source".

If you get a medical text, look for the signature. Is the signature there? then Search for the doctor's blog to validate the text. Does the blog exist? then Continue to search for the doctor's awards and so on.

Don't share a text without confirming  the authenticity of the text. It is a takes a lot of hard work to search by for the sources but "with great power comes with great responsibilities"

Very well done Cristian!  Very good advice for all us internet users.  Keep up the great work!

A better internet user

Some people think the internet will turn the world into a better place by giving us the opportunity to listen and spread the global news without being censured. (Are you positive you want censured and not censored?)

Internet is a powerful tool, but it is ruled by business and we need to know how to use it to not end up as mere spectators like when we watch tv.

A a good way to start being a better internet user is to "look for the source".

We are spammed by news, ads and entries at every minute. Don't trust to every single text you get. (find, see, read)

If you get a medical text, look for the signature. Is the signature there? Then search for the doctor's blog to validate the text. The blog exists? Then search for the doctor's awards (certificates? commendations?) and so on.

Don't share a text without confirming the authenticity of the text. It is a hard work to search by the for sources but "with great power comes with great responsibility" (quotation from Voltaire)

I agree with you completely.  It is very important to know the things we search for are safe.  I tell my students more often that I can count that they must`nt trust everything they see and read on the internet, sadly but true.