It needs to change

It is very sad to finish your studies at university and discover that what they taugh you doesn't correspond completely with the reality. I want to be a teacher, therefore at the university I learnt how to plan my lessons, how to explain, how to recognize when a child has special needs...

However, they never tell us about all the increasing bureaucracy (sometimes it just make you waste time) that a teacher needs to attend. They also didn't tell us about how unfair could be the Education law, and even more when a child has special needs. I discovered these things when I was doing my training at school and that's why I started to hate the system. How can be more important a piece of paper than the future of a child? How can be more important than a life? Can't they see that with their laws they can ruin lifes condemning children to think they are not valid, not good enough?

I did my training in a classroom with twenty five six-years-old-children, three of them had special needs: an hyperactive girl, a borderline girl and a boy with big problems to follow the explanations. Of course, there were children who needed more time to understand the contents. Nevertheless, there was just one teacher in the classroom. It is possible that those three children could be well attended?

And also the teacher don't have a lot of time to explain the contents, because he have to teach the manners that many parents don't teach to their children and at least the half of the students really needed more time. How can be quality in the Educacional system with these conditions? It needs to change.

Something needs to change!

It is very sad to finish your studies at University and discover that what they taugh you doesn't correspond completely with the reality. I want to be a teacher, therefore we learned at the University how to plan my lessons, how to explain, and how to recognize when a child requires special needs.

However, they never told us about all the increasing bureaucracy (sometimes it's just a waste of time) that a teacher needs to attend to. They also didn't tell us about how unfair the Education law could be, especially when a child has special needs.

I discovered these things when I was doing my training at school and that's why I started to hate the system. How can a piece of paper be more important than the future of a child? How can this be more important than a life? Can't they see that those laws they can ruin lifes and condemning children to think they are of lesser value and not good enough?

I did my training in a classroom with twenty five six-years-old children. Three of them had special needs: a hyperactive girl, a borderline girl and a boy with big problem to follow the explanations. Of course, there were children who needed more time to understand the contents. Nevertheless, there was just one teacher in the classroom and it was not possible to provide those three children with the attention they needed.

Another issue is that teachers don't have enough time to explain the contents, because they have to teach students manners.  Many parents don't teach to their children proper manners and at least the half of the students really needed more time. How can there be quality in the Educacional system with these conditions?

Something needs to change!