Sayings - Refranes

I like the sayings because I think they contain the wisdom of the popular people. It is very interesting the great difference that sometimes exist between the way to say the same saying in English and Spanish. For example "The last straw that broke the camel's back" in Spanish will be "La gota que colma el vaso" literaly in English "The drop that overflows the glass". Curious, isn't it?.

Sayings - Refranes

I like the sayings because I think they contain the wisdom of the popular ordinary people. It is very interesting to see how different the same saying translates between the great difference that sometimes exists between the way to say the same saying in English and Spanish. (this sentence sounded a little awkward so I have taken the liberty to reword it) For example "The last straw that broke the camel's back" in Spanish will be "La gota que colma el vaso" which literally would translate in English as "The drop that overflows the glass". Curious, isn't it?.

Very well done mi amiga!  Keep up your with your compositions!

Sayings - Refranes

Indeed. And there may be a few that are the same like:

¡Más vale tarde que nunca!
    Better late than never!