Is Internet a distraction?

Many people think that Internet is just used for wasting time due to its power to draw our attention towards activities related to leisure time. This may be true but I think that Internet is a huge source of information for practical purposes.

Since Internet is widespread a lot of people have the possibility of being connect to the World Wide Web at any time. In general, everybody who has a computer or a Smartphone with this kind of connection use diverse applications such as social webs, email servers, games or blogs, among others. Without a doubt, the most addictive ones are social webs and games, thus people waste a lot of time talking with friends and gaming online. The fact that we can have these applications on our phone, makes us to be connect all the time, it means, to always have something drawing our attention.

However, some years ago when Internet was not that generalized we wasted our time watching television, playing different games, going with friends or talking by phone. When I was a child, many children had a small machine with games, which are still used with more sophisticated versions, and I was able to waste a full afternoon playing if nobody stopped me. Whereas, now I have Internet connection and I use it to study. It exist a huge range of courses online which you are able to learn whatever interest you. We can also find many businesses and have the possibility of creating one.

In conclusion, I do not agree with people who say that Internet is just for entertainment. On the contrary I believe we have far greater opportunities to study and work.

Is the Internet a distraction?

Many people think that the Internet is just used for wasting time due to its power to draw our attention towards activities related to leisure time. This may be true but I think that the Internet is a huge source of information for practical purposes.

Since the Internet is widespread it is possible for a lot of people have the possibility of being to be connected to the World Wide Web at any time. In general, everybody who has a computer or a Smartphone with this kind of connection can use diverse applications such as social webs, email servers, games or blogs, among others. Without a doubt, the most addictive ones are social webs and games, thus people waste a lot of time talking with friends and gaming online. The fact that we can have these applications on our phone, makes us it possible to be connected all the time (or "at all times"), it means, to we always have something drawing on our attention.

However, some years ago when the Internet was not that generalized wide spread (when we generalize something we group it with other similar things or concepts such as "it is tempting to generalize all poor countries as undeveloped, but it's not always case") we wasted our time watching television, playing different games, going out with friends or talking byon the phone. When I was a child many children had a small machine with games, which are still used with more sophisticated versions and I was able to waste a full afternoon playing if nobody stopped me, whereas now I have an Internet connection and I use it to study. ItThere exists a huge range of courses online from which you are able to learn whatever interests you. We can also find many businesses and have the possibility of creating one.

This is really well written. Most of the corrections are very minor.

A couple of key things to note are:

"Internet" requires a pronoun such as "the Internet" or "an Internet connection"

You start your essay asking if the Internet is a distraction and end it asking if it is only for entertainment. You should decide which question you are trying to answer.

As I said before, minor errors and very well written.

Is Internet a distraction?

Many people think that the Internet is just used for wasting time due to its power to draw our attention towards activities related to leisure time. This may be true but I think that Internet is a huge source of information for practical purposes.

Since Internet is widespread, a lot of people have the possibility of being connect to the World Wide Web at any time. In general, everybody who has a computer or a Smartphone with this kind of connection uses diverse applications such as social webs, email servers, games or blogs, among others. Without a doubt, the most addictive ones are social webs and games, thus people waste a lot of time talking with friends and gaming online. The fact that we can have these applications on our phone, makes (forces) us to be connect all the time, it means, to always have something drawing our attention.

However, some years ago when the Internet was not that popular yet, we wasted our time watching television, playing different games, going out with friends or talking by phone.

When I was a child, many children had a small machine (toy) with games (which are still used today but in a more sophisticated fashion), and I was able to waste a full afternoon playing if nobody stopped me.

Whereas now, I have an Internet connection and I use it to study. The existence of a huge range of online courses allows you to learn whatever interests you. We can also find many businesses and have the possibility of creating one.

In conclusion, I do not agree with people who say that the Internet is just for entertainment. On the contrary, I believe we have far greater opportunities to study and work.