(40) I truly want to develop my English skills and I'd love to have your help!

1)
I had not understood why studying brought people joy until finishing the high school. No one pushed me to study and taught me how to study and why I should study. I never forget the moment I got a 178 out of 550 on my first mock exam when I was a high school senior. I was not shocked. Nobody expected me to be a good student. Friends even laughed at me for my score and I had no choice but to stand still. Yes, I hated myself at that time. I didn't hang out with bullies nor neglect my study. However, I didn’t realize my effort was far from enough. I thought my brain was dumb.

2)
I had not understood why some people find studying interesting and fun until I graduated from high school. No one told me why and how I should study or ever encouraged me before. I have never forgot the moment I took 178 points out of total 550 from the first mock test as a high school senior. I was not shocked, though. That was whom I was, then. Some friends even ridiculed me on my score and I had no choice but to suck it up. Right... at that time, I hated myself so much. I didn't hang out with the wrong crowd or neglect my school work. I thought I did my best. However not realizing my best wan't good enough, I just blamed my brain.

Please help me.
Thanks!

2) 

I had not understood why some people find studying fun and interesting and fun until I graduated from high school. No one told me why and how I should study; nor ever to encouraged me before. I have never forgotten the moment when I took scored178 points out of total of 550 from in the first high school mock test as a high school senior. I was Not shocked, though. [See another sentence changed into a phrase.] That was whom I was, then. Some friends even ridiculed/derided me on my score. and I had No choice but to suck it up [Again into a phrase because it is better with the slang used.  If you were to have a complete sentence, the slang won't be okay.  I would have corrected it as "I had no choice but to remain silent/quiet."]. Right... at that time then, I hated myself so much. I didn't want to hang out with the wrong crowd or to neglect my school work. I thought I did my best. However, not realizing that my best wasn't was not good enough. I just blamed my brains.

Please help me.
    Thanks!

I am always amazed at how you two come up with such nice storylines.  Your effort certaintly shows.

1)
    I had not understood why studying brought people joy until I had finisheding the high school. No one pushed me to study. and No one taught me how to study and why I should study. I never forget the moment when I got received a 178 out of 550 on my first mock exam when I was a in my high school senior year. I was not surprised shocked. Nobody expected me to be a good student. Friends even laughed at me for at my score. and I had no choice but to stand still. Yes, I hated myself at that time. I didn't hang out with bullies nor neglecting my study. However, I didn’t realize my effort was far from enough not up to par. I just thought my brain was dumb.

1)
    I had not understood (i did not understand) why studying brought people joy until finishing the high (until i finished high school) school. No one pushed me to study and taught me how to study and why I should study. (no one forced me to study or teach me or even gave me an explanation on why i should study but i just did). I could never forget the moment when I got a (scored) 178 out of 550 on my first mock exam when I was a (during my high school senior year) high school senior. I was not shocked. Nobody expected me to be a good student. Friends even laughed at me for my score and I had no choice but to stand still. Yes, I hated myself at that time. I didn't hang out with bullies nor neglected my study. However, I didn’t realize my effort was far from enough. I just thought my brain was dumb. (i wasn't as clever as others)--> its a better way to put it than to say youre dumb:)

2)
    I had not understood why some people find studying interesting and fun until I graduated from high school. No one told me why and how I should study or ever encouraged me before. I have never forgot (forgotten) the moment when I took scored 178 points out of total 550 from the first mock test as a high school senior. I was not shocked, though. That was whom I was, then. Some friends even ridiculed me on my score and I had no choice but to suck it up. Right... at that time, I hated myself so much. I didn't hang out with the wrong crowd or neglect my school work. I thought I did my best. However not realizing my best wan't good enough, I just blamed my brain.

Please help me.
    Thanks!

the second one is better written than that of the first! its just that there are some grammatical and tenses rules that you have to bear in mind with. im not a native english speaker but i just gave some suggestions anyway:)