Always Look for the Silver Lining

The other night, I was bothered by the demons of the night. I was restless, yet to fall into slumber. My mind was wide awake. I did not have any coffee or even tea earlier in the evening! However, I didn't not want the time to be wasted away. So I memorized another classical poem. It was then that I was bothered by the words "無情" in the line, "無情最是臺城柳". This two word combination is usually translated as "heartless". Thus this line can be translated as "Most heartless are the willows of the city Tai". However, this makes no sense in the context of the entire poem. So I researched and stumbled onto this website and found my answer. What really amazed me was the background song in the background.

So with the help of the poem, my childhood memory of a line I learnt, "細雨霏霏" (The rain drizzling lightly) and the melody, my Euterpe, Erato and Terpsichore finally stepped into my mind. With a sudden inspiration, I was able to compose these few lines.

細雨霏霏江水流, The rain drizzles lightly as the waters of the river flow,
夢魔繞心墳. The demons come entwining to my deadened heart.
夜聽木魚定心神 I hear the beating sounds of nightly Buddhist sutras to calm my spirit.
亦難解心頭恨. Yet my regret, still unable to be untied.

雲開明月又高照, The brightness of the moon once more shine brightly high above when clouds parted,
清風两袖搖, My sleeves swaying in the cool wind.
白顏露微笑, A smile appears on my moonlit face,
遠聞夜鶯叫. From afar, I hear the night oriole cry.

Thus from dark clouds, a silver lining was found and I was able to slip into a sweet slumber. Later, with help from a good friend, Kim, she suggested that I make a change to the last character 叫 of into 啼. The meaning is the same but a better pronunciation. So I have thank italki too, for if not, such a gem of a person, I shall never find. Too, I must thank the person of that particular website.

The link is below. I hope that you too will find your Muses.

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/jw!VVsiwHKGB0RD_ErOGlzu/article?mid=14139&next=14138&l=f&fid=25

The caption of the picture reads

Reckoning of the wicked and the reward of the virtuous will come.
It's just only the question of being early or late.

[I am wondering what to intend in the sentence.]

[I am wondering what the demons means? Is it Just the meaning of the demons themselves?]

비가 보슬보슬 내릴때 강물이 흐르고 있다. 요괴가 나의 메마른 마음을 휘감으며 찾아왔다. 승려들이 목탁을 두둘기는 소리를 들으니 내 영혼이 잠잠해졌다. 하지만 후회가 되는 것에 아직도 미련이 남았다. 구름이 갈라질 때 한번 더 더 높게 달이 빛을 비춘다. 차가운 바람결에 내 소매가 떨린다. 달 빛 표면에 웃음이 보였다. 멀리에서 나는 밤에 찌르레기 우는 소리를 들었다.

It is hard to understand now. However I will read again and again until I get it. I don't find you errors. :-)

The other night, I was bothered by the demons of the night. I was restless, yet to fall into slumber. My mind was wide awake. I did not have any coffee or even tea earlier in the evening![I am wondering why you used the word, "earlier" instead of "early."]  However, I didn't not want the time to be wasted away. So I memorized another classical poem. It was then that I was bothered by the words "無情" in the line, "無情最是臺城柳". This two word combination is usually translated as "heartless". Thus this line can be translated as "Most heartless of the heartless [Heartless is adjective. If you use adjective as none, I think you add "the" in front of heartless.]  are the willows of the city Tai". However, this makes no sense in the context of the entire poem. So I researched and stumbled onto this website and found my answer. What really amazed me was the background song in the background.

Word)

restless - If you have a restless night, you do not sleep properly and when you wake up you feel tired and uncomfortable.

A willow or a willow tree is a type of tree with long branches and long narrow leaves that grows near water.

Slumber- sleep.

I did my best! Have a great weekend. :-)

Always Look for the Silver Lining

The caption of the picture reads

I was walking along the road of life. I saw this house and the open door.

I entered. I started to read this text and see them again. I read them the second day.

“ So I have thank italki too, for if not, such a gem of a person, I shall never find. Too, I must thank the person of that particular website.”, - я благодарю тебя, Jeff!