Apiarist in action!

Yesterday, I finally had the chance to put my theoretical beekeeping knowledge into practise. Along with an esteemed beekeeper in town, we conducted a spring inspection. For the most part, spring inspection is about balancing between the hives. We basically transferred full frames from strong hives to weak hives. I've learnt to use bee smoker and pollen trap. For the moment, I haven't learnt anything on relatively more sophisticated beekeeping processes like queen bee production or royal gel production. Thanks to my tutor, I've tasted fresh bee pollen for the first time. It tastes nothing like the commercial dried bee pollen at the shelf of supermarket. I hope I'm gonna be able to start amateur beekeeping some day. Unfortunately land is scarce and unless you are born in a rural area, it seems unlikely to accumulate enough cash in short term. Some apiarist suggest that beekeeping would work in a balcony as well, but I'm sure that would lead to a police intervention.
I always regret not being born in the future. But yesterday, I got a strong reason to envy the previous generation. They had access to vast land resources. They can now enjoy their weekends inhaling fresh air, cultivating their own products, having a barbecue...
It is too bad young people in rural areas flock to cities in search of menial service positions or poorly paid manufacturing jobs. According to elder people whom I spoke to, this is all about the search of social security and pension funds. I disagree. They are seeking freedom in big cities. Economic reductionism might be appealing at first, but the sexual discontent is bubbling under the surface. Regarding this issue, I opened my mind to elder people when we sat down for barbecue. I had taken off my earrings in the hopes that I could mingle with the traditional environment of the village. Mockery on my hair length proved otherwise :) Fortunately people in the region are far more open-minded than the national average.
I'm disappointed to hear that even 100 hives (8 frames per each) do not suffice to support a living (as long as you are in a fixed position) Though beekeeping is an amateur activity in Turkey. A small percentage of beekeepers take this as a full time job. So I can't argue that there is no efficiency problem. But these people seriously deserve a considerable subsidy from the government, for their contribution to nature. Bless you beekeepers!

Apiarist in action!

Yesterday, I finally had the chance to put my theoretical beekeeping knowledge into practise.

Along with an esteemed beekeeper in town, we conducted a spring inspection.

Along with an esteemed local beekeeper, we conducted a spring inspection.

For the most part, spring inspection is about balancing between the hives.

For the most part, spring inspections are about putting the hives into balance.

We basically transferred full frames from strong hives to weak hives.

I've learnt to use bee smoker and pollen trap.

For the moment, I haven't learnt anything on relatively more sophisticated beekeeping processes like queen bee production or royal gel production.

Thanks to my tutor, I've tasted fresh bee pollen for the first time.

It tastes nothing like the commercial dried bee pollen at the shelf of supermarket.

It tastes nothing like the commercial dried bee pollen on supermarket shelves.

I hope I'm gonna be able to start amateur beekeeping some day.

I hope to be able to start amateur beekeeping someday.

Unfortunately land is scarce and unless you are born in a rural area, it seems unlikely to accumulate enough cash in short term.

Unfortunately, land is scarce, and unless you were born in a rural area, the accumulation of enough cash in the short term seems difficult. (Unlikely doesn't work here because it doesn't deal with a possibility or a chance of something occurring)

Some apiarist suggest that beekeeping would work in a balcony as well, but I'm sure that would lead to a police intervention.

Some apiarists suggest that beekeeping would work on balconies as well, but I'm sure that would lead to police intervention.

I always regret not being born in the future.

I always wish I'd have been born in the future.

But yesterday, I got a strong reason to envy the previous generation.

Yesterday, nevertheless, I realized a strong reason to envy the previous generation.

They had access to vast land resources.

They can now enjoy their weekends inhaling fresh air, cultivating their own products, having barbecues...

It is too bad young people in rural areas flock to cities in search of menial service positions or poorly paid manufacturing jobs.

It is a shame that young people from rural areas flock to the city in search of menial service positions or poorly paid manufacturing jobs.

According to elderly/older (they're different; it depends on what you mean) people whom I spoke to, this is all about the search of social security and pension funds.

I disagree. They are seeking freedom in big cities. Economic reductionism might be appealing at first, but the sexual discontent is bubbling under the surface.

Regarding this issue, I opened my mind to elder people when we sat down for barbecue.

With regards to this issue, I expounded my viewpoints to the elderly/older people when we sat down for the barbecue.

I had taken off my earrings in the hopes that I could mingle with the traditional environment of the village.

I had taken off my earrings in the hopes that I could assimilate into the traditional village environment. (You can't mingle with an environment)

Mockery on my hair length proved otherwise :) Fortunately people in the region are far more open-minded than the national average.

Their mocking the length of my hair proved otherwise. :) Fortunately people in this region are far more open-minded than the national average.

I'm disappointed to hear that even 100 hives (8 frames per each) do not suffice to support a living (as long as you are in a fixed position).

I'm disappointed to hear that even 100 hives (eight frames in each) do not suffice (are not enough would be more common) to support a living.

Though beekeeping is an amateur activity in Turkey. A small percentage of beekeepers take this as a full time job.

Though beekeeping is chiefly a hobby in Turkey, a small percentage of beekeepers take it as a full-time job.

So I can't argue that there is no efficiency problem. But these people seriously deserve a considerable subsidy from the government, for their contribution to nature. Bless you beekeepers!

So I can't argue for there being no efficiency problem. However, these people seriously deserve considerable subsidies from the government, for their contribution to nature. Bless you, beekeepers!

Excellent job! This entry has hardly any grammar mistakes, though a few word choice issues. I corrected it to make it sound more idiomatic. Keep on writing. The content matter was very interesting. Should you have any questions about my corrections, feel free to ask.