The perfect Sicilian Meal

If there is something that makes me feel at home it is Sicilian food.
For last Sunday lunch I planned for me and my wife what I can say to be my perfect Sicilian Meal.
The meal began with starters. Usually in Sicily they are cold and could be manly made of fish, vegetables and cheese.
In my case we ate marinated anchovies and fried mullets. These last one are my favourite kind of fish and I like a lot them with lemon juice.
For the first course we had a very traditional Sicilian dish: spaghetti with sardines. It’s rather complicate to fix, so it is something that Sicilian people cook only for special occasions, or on Sundays, not every day.
The second course was grilled swordfish with breadcrumbs. It’s another classical dish of Sicilian cooking and I find its taste outstanding. I like it cooked very simply and seasoned with parsley and garlic. I thing that is not easy to find a good swordfish at the markets, even in Sicily.
The side we had with fish is another typical Sicilian food: ‘caponata’. It is a sort of salad made of fried eggs, tomato sauce, boiled olives and capers, pine nuts and raisins. I think it not perfectly couples with fish, but I like it a lot and I can turn a blind eye over it.
Obviously white wine can’t lack for a meal as like this. My choice was ‘Etna Bianco’, a great wine made from the wineyards on the Etna Volcano. It pairs perfectly with swordfish.
For dessert we had ‘cannoli siciliani’. They are the most famous Sicilian dessert and have a very ancient history. The ancient Roman lawyer Cicero knew them. They have a tube shape. The tube is made of a sort fried pastry and it is stuffed with a fresh cheese, called ‘ricotta’, mixed with sugar. I can assure everyone that it is worth to try!

The perfect Sicilian Meal

If there is something that makes me feel at home, it is Sicilian food.
    For last Sunday lunch I planned for my wife and me what I can say to be my perfect Sicilian Meal.
    The meal began with starters. Usually in Sicily, they are cold and can be manly made of fish, vegetables and cheese.
    In my case, we ate marinated anchovies and fried mullets. These last one is my favourite kind of fish and I like a lot them, with lemon juice.
    For the first course, we had a very traditional Sicilian dish: spaghetti with sardines. It’s rather complicate to fix, so it is something that Sicilian people cook only for special occasions, or on Sundays, not every day.
    The second course was grilled swordfish with breadcrumbs. It’s another classical dish of Sicilian cooking and I find its taste outstanding. I like it cooked very simply and seasoned with parsley and garlic. I think that is not easy to find a good swordfish at the markets, even in Sicily.
    The side we had with fish is another typical Sicilian food: ‘caponata’. It is a sort of salad made of fried eggs, tomato sauce, boiled olives and capers, pine nuts and raisins. I think it doesn't couple perfectly with fish, but I like it a lot and I can turn a blind eye to it.
    Obviously, white wine can’t be lacking in a meal as like this. My choice was ‘Etna Bianco’, a great wine made from the wineyards on the Etna Volcano. It pairs perfectly with swordfish.

[Your English is quite excellent, the corrections very minor.  It's a good thing I just ate, or else I'd go out to the nearest Italian restaurant after reading this, and eat everything.]