About moving abroad

Topic:Some people think that people moving to a new country should accept the new culture in the foreign country rather than living as a separate minority group with a different lifestyle. Do you agree or disagree?

part1:(this composition is a little bit long....so...)
Recent years have witnessed an increasing proportion of people choosing to live overseas for work or study. It arouses debate over whether people moving to a new country should accept the new culture in the foreign country or live as a separate minority group with a different lifestyle. As for me,I am favor of the former one.

It is human nature to be around people sharing the same culture background when living far from hometown, that is to say, living separately in small groups is spontaneous. But it do more harm than good. Without fully understanding and partly accepting new culture, one can never really be regarded as fit in with the new country. Living separately denies new-comers enlightening cultural exchanges and consequently self-identity when inevitably caught into situations where they have no choice but to step out of their small groups. Under the worst circumstances, people living separately are more likely to get involved in conflicts with local residents. For instance, an American who just moved to Brazil,not knowing the completely different meaning in Brazil about “ OK ”gesture in USA, probably upset a lot of locals and at last learned his lesson after a punch in the nose.

Consider it reversely. No chance would there be that local residents will see immigrants as kind and the country they are from are friendly when they keep being isolated in small groups. Some may choose to ignore locals’ opinions, but think about the children just moved there,who is undergoing a very sensible phase in which others thoughts about them matters and have profound effect on their latter development. Every child wants to fit in or at least feel so in school especially after this very special transformation in his life.

About living abroad