Back to the English

As I was planning from the beginning, I have switched to the English after four months of learning the Italian. I cannot concentrate on several languages at the same time and the English is still to be improved. I have found a useful suggestion on YouTube of how to learn a language, and I will try to follow it. The idea is to read a real literature and to read a lot. So far,however, I read mostly adaptive texts and small stories. I read also things like The Alchemist, but I read it in my habitual manner of reading foreign texts – from the computer screen, looking up to the dictionary at every unknown word. And of course I did not read the book as soon as it was not supported with audio.
So I have started to read a real book (I began with Hemingway), it looks like watching a film in English when you don’t catch everything, but still you follow the plot. I should also admit that in spite of the fact that I consider my English as my best learned foreign, it is still the most difficult one when reading and listening.