Antigone Flowers

I have known about antigone flowers when I studies in high school by reading a poem named “ Two colors of antigone flowers”, written by a secret poet with an acronym T.T.Kh.

At that time, my literature teacher told that in 1937, a beautiful slim woman having a sad feeling went to a publishing house in Hanoi, and gave her poem to the lead of the publisher. One month later, her poem was posted on an article, and at the bottom of the article, the publisher wrote her name as T.T.Kh secret one.

The poem was quickly popular for those who loved literature. Many poets and writers at that time tried to find out who she was. However, to date, her name has still been unknown and it has been a secret in literature field.

The poem told us about an extremely sad love story by using the shape of antigone flowers like a broken heart. The woman in the poem got married to another man, but has still loved her previous lover. She was with her husband but her heart was sending to the old one.

Antigone flowers originated from France. They have two colors, including the white color and the red color. During my first year student, one day, my professor told us about this kind of flower. I curiously asked my classmate to bring the flowers to me, because I knew she grew them in her house.

The poem brought to us a variety of strange emotions. At that time, female students like us talked to one another that we would neither give those flowers to anyone nor receive them from our boyfriends due to the fact that we supposed that this type of flower was a symbol of breaking a romantic relationship.

If you have free time, please enjoy the poem (translated into English). Here is a link to it:

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/9665769-hai-sac-hoa-tigon-poem.

Thank you for reading my notebook!

Antigone Flowers

I have known about antigone flowers when I studied in high school by reading a poem named “ Two colors of antigone flowers”, written by a secret poet with an acronym T.T.Kh.

At that time, my literature teacher told that in 1937, a beautiful slim woman having a sad feeling went to a publishing house in Hanoi, and gave her poem to the lead publisher. One month later, her poem was posted on an article, and at the bottom of the article, the publisher wrote her name as T.T.Kh secret one.

The poem was quickly popular for those who loved literature. Many poets and writers at that time tried to find out who she was. However, to date, her name has still been unknown and it has been a secret in the literature field.

The poem told us about an extremely sad love story by using the shape of antigone flowers like a broken heart. The woman in the poem got married to another man, but has still loved her previous lover. She was with her husband but her heart  still had feelings for the old one.

Antigone flowers originated from France. They have two colors, the white color and the red color. During my first year as a student, one day, my professor told us about this kind of flower. I curiously asked my classmate to bring the flowers to me, because I knew she grew them in her house.

Thank you for reading my notebook!