Crow with an Ermine

On Sunday I walked along the way by the lake.The first part of the way leads through a little wood. On the right side lays the lake. On the left side is a steep slope.

I was nearly out of the little wood as I heard a crow repeatedly cawing angrily. I heard the crows wing beat. It took time until I was aware that there was something wrong. The crow should have been up in the sky or at least at the treetops and not behind me at the ground. So I looked back over my shoulder and what I saw made me turn around. The crow was chasing a little animal. The little animal was running in panic from one side of the road to the other. It was running the slope up and down. It could not choose which way to run. The crow had confused it totally. Eventually it ran up the slope into the forest.

First I thought the little animal was a squirrel, but then I noticed: the tail was wrong, too small. I guessed, it would be a weasel like animal. When I came home I looked up the weasel like animal on animal identification sites on the internet. It was an ermine. I thought ermines were much bigger, like on the painting Lady with an Ermine by Leonardo da Vinci. Ermines must have become much smaller since 1490 or Ladys much bigger. Another possibility is that ermines were bred bigger at that time because they were kept as cats for the hunting for mice and rats as I've learned.

First I thought the little animal was a squirrel, but then I noticed: that the tail was wrong. It was much too small. I guessed, it could be a some weasel-like animal. When I came got home, I looked it up the weasel like animal on some animal identification internet sites on the internet. Finally, I found that it was an ermine. I always thought that ermines were much bigger animals; like the one in the painting Lady with an Ermine by Leonardo da Vinci. Ermines must have become much smaller since 1490 or the one in the painting is Ladys so much bigger. Another possibility is that during those times, ermines they were bred bigger at that time because they were kept as as larger animals.  They were used like cats for the hunting for mice and rats as I've had learnt.

Thanks for sharing what an ermine looks like.  Never saw the real animal except as furs.  I have a question.  How do you incorporate multiple pictures into your text?  I thought that italki had disabled html codes in the their copy-and-paste operations.  It would be most wonderful if you can send me the instructions.

Crow with and an Ermine

On Sunday I walked along the way by the lake.The first part of the way path leads through a little wood. On the right side lays is where the lake lies. On the left side is A steep slope is on the left.

I was nearly out of the little woods as when I heard a crow repeatedly cawing in angerily. I heard the crows was beating its wingfuriously beat. It took me some time until I was aware to realize that there was something wrong. The crow It should have been up flying in the sky or at least at the treetops perched on some branches and definitely not behind me at on the ground. So I looked back over my shoulder and what I saw made me turn around. The crow was chasing a little animal which  The little animal was running in panic; zigzagging across  from one side of the road to the other. It was running and the slope up and down the slope. It could not choose which way did not know where to run. The crow had confused it totally. Eventually it ran up the slope and into the woods forest.

Crow with an Ermine

On Sunday I walked along the way (path? trail?) by the lake. The first part of the way leads through a little wood. On the right side lays lies the lake. On the left side is a steep slope.

I was nearly out of the little wood as I heard a crow repeatedly cawing angrily. I heard the crows wings beat. It took time until I was aware that there was something wrong. The crow should have been up in the sky or at least at the treetops and not behind me at on the ground. So I looked back over my shoulder and what I saw made me turn around. The crow was chasing a little animal. The little animal was running in panic from one side of the road to the other. It was running up and down the slope up and down. It could not choose which way to run. The crow had totally confused it totally (The way you wrote it is not wrong but I think it sounds a bit better this way). Eventually it ran up the slope into the forest.

First I thought the little animal was a squirrel, but then I noticed: that the tail was wrong, too small. I guessed , it would that it could be a weasel-like animal. When I came home I looked up the weasel-like animal on animal identification sites on the Internet. It was an ermine. I thought ermines were much bigger, like on the painting Lady with an Ermine by Leonardo da Vinci. Ermines must have become much smaller since 1490, or ladies much bigger. Another possibility is that ermines were bred bigger at that time because they were kept as cats for the hunting for of mice and rats as I've learned.

You write very well! Just a few minor corrections. I've never seen an ermine before but they look pretty cute. Actually, the ermine in that painting is ripped (he has big muscles)! Haha.

--Mary