(45) I truly want to develop my English skills and I'd love to have your help!!

1)
In fact, many friends hanging around with me were on the honor roll. When I asked about their study methods though, their story sounded all Greek to me. Their answers were like this. “Study the same workbooks repeatedly, and you would succeed.” “Studying the Math Bible is simply the best for improving our math skills. that’s it.” “When it comes to social studies, all we have to do is memorize.” At least to me, it made no sense to follow their tips. However, I had no choice but to follow them and then decided to study, using their method. I was going to memorize the contents, but the problem was that I couldn’t understand them well in the first place. I tried to memorize everything I couldn't grasp. It gradually made me reluctant to study.

2)
In fact, I had a few friends who were smart at school. When I asked them how they studied, they said something I couldn't even fathom. Their answers were, "Repeat your workbooks over and over" The Math Bible is the best choice for improving our math skills. That’s it. When it comes to social studies, all we have to do is rote learning. To me, those recommendations seemed rather groundless. Since I had no better idea, however, so I decided to give some of them a try. I started off with memorizing a workbook but I wasn't getting the content of the workbook. Trying to memorize something that I couldn't fully apprehend, I was gradually losing interest in my studies.

Please help me!
Thanks!

2) 

In fact, I had a few smart friends who were smart at school. When I asked them how they studied, they said something I couldn't even fathom. Their answers were, "Repeat Go over your workbooks over and over again"; "The Math Bible is the best choice for improving our math skills". That’s it. When it comes to "Rote memorization for social studies", all we have to do is rote learning.

To me, these recommendations seemed rather groundless. Since As I had did not have any better idea, however, so I decided to give some of them a try. I started off with memorizing a workbook but I wasn't getting the picture content of the workbook. Trying To memorize something that I couldn't fully apprehend don't comprehend, I was gradually losing a sure way to lose interest in my studies.

Please help me!
    Thanks!

1)

In fact, many of my friends hanging around with me [The way you say it means that you are a very important person to be with]were on the honor roll. When I asked about their study methods though, their story explanations all sounded all like Greek to me. Their Some of their answers were like this:

“Study the same workbooks repeatedly, [you really need to learn not to put commas indiscriminately before conjunctions] and you would will succeed.”;Studying Concentreate on the Math Bible! is simply the best for improving our math skills. that’s it It is this simple!and “When it comes to social studies, all we have to do the keyword is memorization.”

At least to me, it made no sense for me to follow act on their tips. However, I had no choice but to follow them and then decided to study, using try their methods. I was going to memorize the contents, the whole enchilada [This is US slang.  Just to let you know. Better to use, "the entire book"] but the problem was that I couldn’t did not understand them well the material in the first place. I tried to memorize everything Memorization something I couldn't did not grasp. It gradually made me reluctant to study.

1)
    In fact, many friends hanging around with me were on the honor roll. When I asked them about their study methods, their story sounded like Greek to me. Their answers were “Study the same workbooks repeatedly, and you would succeed.”. “Studying the Math Bible is simply the best technique for improving math skills abd that’s it.” “When it comes to social studies, all we have to do is memorize.” To me, it made no sense to follow their tips. However, I had no choice but to follow them so I then decided to study, using their method. I was going to memorize the contents, but the problem was that I couldn’t understand them well in the first place. I tried to memorize everything I couldn't grasp. It gradually made me reluctant to study.

2)
    In fact, I had a few friends who were smart at school. When I asked them how they studied, they said something I couldn't even fathom. Their answers were, "Repeat your workbooks over and over" The Math Bible is the best choice for improving our math skills. That’s it. When it comes to social studies, all we have to do is rote learning. To me, those recommendations seemed rather groundless. Since I had no better ideas, I decided to give some of them a try. I started off with memorizing a workbook but I wasn't getting the content of the workbook. Trying to memorize something that I couldn't fully apprehend caused me to gradually losing interest in my studies.

Please help me!
    Thanks!