Text for a nurse. Is this well written?

ADHERENCE TO PERSONAL PROTECTIVE ELEMENTS (PPE) THAT HAS THE HEALTH PERSONNEL WORKING IN THE INTENSIVE CARE UNIT AT A HOSPITAL LEVEL IV IN BOGOTA CITY

SUMMARY:

Adherence to PPE refers to a set of conducts and behaviours that are part of a System of Biological Risk Management on a level of institutions and promotes the use of these personal protective elements during the performance of their functions and development of activities and procedures. The aim of this study is to determine the adherence to personal protective elements that has the health personnel working in the Intensive Care Unit at a Hospital Level IV in the Bogota city.

The methodology of this study is observational descriptive, crosscutting and quantitative nature, through which a description of the adherence was effected to the PPE by means of an observation realized by a known observer and an observer not known by study population.

The results found was: of 111 people of the total population, 78% are female and 22% are male, the age had an average of 31. 97% of the population have an indefinite term contract. Regarding to the adherence of the use of PPE was found that nursing assistants have an adherence to these of 21.7%, nursing professionals of 9.9%, physiotherapists of 5.4% and ends both groups of doctors (specialists and residents) with an adherence of 1% each one. The main reasons for non-use of PPE is oblivion with 27%, followed by a 23% of overconfidence, 5% refers to the non-use of safety glasses, other 5 % mentioned that the PPE was damaged and 1% do not use because they ignore the standard or do not have available the PPE. The analysis took into account the Nola Pender’s Health Promotion Model and Self-Care Theory proposed by Dorothea Orem.

It was concluded that adherence corresponds to 39% of the use and non-adherence to these was 61%. The evidence for the observation is that despite having available the PPE, adherence to these is not correct, and there is a failure about the use of some of them during the proceedings assistance.

Keywords: Adherence, personal protective elements, self-care, health promotion.