"Assembly in the carpenter's shop"

This is a translation I made from a Spanish book.

There was a unsual assembly in the tools gathered together to clarify their difference.
The hammer was the first one to preside the meeting, but the assembly told him that he should quit. The reasons? he was too noisy and he was spending most of his time hitting.
The hammer admitted his guilt, but he asked the screwdriver to be expelled because he (the screwdriver) require of many twists in order to do something useful.
The screwdriver accepted his discharge but at the same time he asked the resignation of the sandpaper, it is rough in its treatment with others.
The sandpaper accepted but with one condition that the meter needed to be expelled, because it was always measuring others as it were perfect.
In that moment the carpenter came in, he put on his apron and started to work, using the hammer, the sandpaper, the meter and the screwdriver when he finished, the piece of wood was a beautiful furniture.
When the carpenter left, the assembly took place again and they (the tools) began to deliberate, the saw said: "Gentlemen, it has benn demostrated that we all have defect, but the carpenter works with all of our qualities, that makes us valuable, therefore let's stop thinking in our weakness and let's concentrate in our virtues.
The assembly found that the hammer was strong, the screwdriver put things together very well, the sandpaper sanded roughness and the meter was precise and exact. They felt like a team with the capacity of producing beautiful furniture, and their difference took a second place.

"Assembly in the carpenter's shop"

There was a unsual assembly of the tools gathered together to clarify their difference.
    The hammer was the first one to preside over the meeting, but the assembly told him that he should quit. The reasons? He was too noisy and he was spending most of his time hitting.
    The hammer admitted his guilt, but he asked the screwdriver to be expelled because he (the screwdriver) required of many twists in order to do something useful.
    The screwdriver accepted his discharge but at the same time he asked for the resignation of the sandpaper, it is rough in its treatment with others.
    In that moment the carpenter came in, he put on his apron and started to work, using the hammer, the sandpaper, the meter and the screwdriver. When he finished, the piece of wood was had become a beautiful piece of furniture.
    When the carpenter left, the assembly took place again and they (the tools) began to deliberate. The saw said: "Gentlemen, it has been demostrated that we all have defects, but the carpenter works with all of our qualities, that makes us valuable, therefore let's stop thinking of our weaknesses and let's concentrate in our virtues.
    The assembly found that the hammer was strong, the screwdriver put things together very well, the sandpaper sanded roughness and the meter was precise and exact. They felt like a team with the capacity of producing beautiful furniture, and their differences took a second place.