A polemic decision : to legalize or not Cannabis

Well, it's been a while since this discussion started here in Brasil.
There are people doing marches in favor of the legalization of Cannabis (known as Maconha in Brazil). And I stop and think of my position.. the truth? I don't know which side to take part of.
Maconha - marihuanna- or Cannabis, has many names, and many uses.. One of them is in medicine, which I think could be a strong argument to legalize it.
People also say that legalizing it would be good, for stoping drug dealing, which I think is not as good argument as the first one;
I don't have much knowledge about this issue, but to me, traffic is here, and it won't stop only because they're legalizing the drug. Besides, the price, once its legalized, will rise up, because of the taxes and everything..
Now analysing what people who are against say, Maconha could be an enter, or an enabler to other drugs.. much more serious than it.. , which would be terrible. Besides it would be easier to children, and youth to have acess to this drug - not good either.
Anyway, there can be no doubt, that the first thing that has to happen, is to create a totally structured enviroment and a rulebook, to the use, and portage of this drug; only then we'll be ready to legalize it, and make sure everything works fine.

I'd like to know the opinnion of people from Brasil and other countrys, mainly that ones from a country which legalized Cannabis, so that I can get better arguments and get a right oppinion about this.

A polemic decision : to legalize or not to legalize Cannabis

Well, it's been a while since this discussion started here in Brazil.
    There are people doing marching in favor of the legalization of Cannabis (known as Maconha in Brazil). And I stop and think of (and consider my) my position. The truth? I don't know which side to take. part of.
    Maconha - marihuanna- or Cannabis, has many names and many uses. One of them is in medicine, which I think could be a strong argument to for legalization. it.
    People also say that legalizing it would be good for stopping drug dealing which I think is not as good an argument as the first one.
    I don't have much knowledge about this issue, but to me, traffic is here, and it won't stop just only because they're legalizing the drug. Besides, the price, once it's legalized, will rise up because of the taxes and everything.
    Now analysing what people who are against say, Maconha could be an entry or a stepping stone enabler to other drugs much more serious than itself; which would be terrible. Besides, it would be easier to for children and youths to have access to this drug - not good either.
    Anyway, there can be no doubt that the first thing that has to happen is to the creation of a totally structured enviroment and a rulebook to for the use and portage transportation of this drug; only then will we we'll be ready to legalize it and make sure everything works fine.

I'd like to know the opinion of people from Brazil and other countries; mainly that ones those from a country which has legalized Cannabis, so that I can get better arguments and get a right (perspective) opinion about this.