Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

Does music provoke an association with somebody or something for you?

Sometimes when I listening to any song, I suddenly remember the certain person or the occasion. I think, there are some reasons for that.
Firstly, I can associate a music composition with a person because I have heard it when I met with him for the first time or this individual sang a composition constantly.
Secondly, some song can associate for me with rememberable happening. And not always these memories are good.

I am sure that I am not along in these cases :)

What about you? Do you have the same experience?

Sometimes when I listening to any some/a song, I suddenly remember the certain a particular person or the occasion. I think, there are some reasons for this that.
    Firstly, I can associate a music composition with a person because I have heard it when I met with him for the first time or this individual sang a this composition constantly.
    Secondly, some song can become associated for me with rememberable a memorable happening. And these memories are not always these memories are good.

I am sure that I am not aloneg in this these cases :)

Sometimes, when I'm listening to a song, I suddenly remember a certain person or an occasion. I think, there are some reasons for that.

Firstly, I can associate a music composition with a person because I have heard it when I met with him/her for the first time or this individual sang a composition constantly it repeatedly.

Secondly, I can associate with some songs because of a memorable event, even though these memories are not always good.

I am sure that I am not alone experiencing this :)

Hello Anna, yes, the same is happening to me.  Everytime I hear "Bridge Over Troubled Water" by Simon & Carfunkel, it brings me back to a special place and event. Sometimes a distinctive smell reminds me of something.

More notebook entries written in Russian