In preparation for my upcoming Immersion Day at the Irish Cultural Center here in Philadelphia...

Here are the phrases I want to be extra good and saying and understanding. This is my first crack at these. :) Anybody can help translate (or correct my translation!) feel free to do so. The in-person lessons at the event will be SO helpful, I think, and I can't wait!! <3 Go raibh maith agat! - Amanda.

First go, translated phrases:

1. My name is Amanda. ... Is mise Amanda. / Amanda is ainm dom.
2. I am married. My husband's name is Craig. ... Tá mé pósta. Is é ainm m'fhear céile Craig.
3. Nice to meet you! ... Deas buladah leat!
4. We live in Queen Village. ... Cónaí muid i Banríona Sráidbhaile.
5. Irish is a beautiful language, but it is not easy. ... Is é an ghaeilge álainn, ach níl sé éasca
6. Say again, please? ... Abair aris é, le do thoil.

And these two I have no idea...

1. I enjoy studying, travel, and photography.
2. I have studied Irish for two months.

First go, translated phrases:

1. My name is Amanda. ... Is mise Amanda. / Amanda is ainm dom. [correct]

Is é ainm m'fhir chéile Craig ["m'fhear céile" goes into the genitive case after "ainm" - "the name OF my husband", you could also say "Craig is ainm do m'fhear céile"
    3. Nice to meet you! ... Deas buladah leat! [bualadh]

Tá muid inár gcónaí i Sráidbhaile na Banríona.

Is álainn an teanga í an Ghaeilge, ach níl sí éasca
    6. Say again, please? ... Abair aris é, le do thoil. [correct]

And these two I have no idea...

Taitníonn liom a bheith ag staidéar, ag taisteal agus ag glacadh grianghraf [or, Is maith liom an staidéar, an taisteal agus an ghrianghrafadóireacht]
    2. I have studied Irish for two months.

Tá mé ag foghlaim Gaeilge le dhá mhí.

Maith thú agus go n-éirí do lá leat!

More notebook entries written in Gaelic (Irish)