What's the connection between learning English and learning to ride a bike?

Peculiar question, I am aware of that, but stay with me for a while and I'll give you a description about how you can speak fluent English, understand native speakers and use English with confidence. First of all, I would like you to remember how you learned to ride a bike. Go ahead and close your eyes. Get comfortable and remember how you learned to ride a bike. Remember waking up early in the morning and going to bicycle school? Remember carrying all your heavy bicycle textbooks? Remember all the bicycle rules you wrote over and over in your notebook at school? And the tests. Remember studying for all those bicycle tests? You don't remember, do you? Well, me neither. No one learns how to ride a bike by going to school. And no one learns how to ride a bike by studying. You learn to ride a bike by doing. You fall and you try again. And each time you fall, you get a little better. Your balance improves, and day by day, you become more confident and more successful, until one day riding a bike becomes easy. You learn by doing, and English is the same way.

If you want to become a better speaker, you need to speak more. And if you want to become a better listener, you need to listen more. This is something that even many teachers don't know. They want you to learn by memorizing. They want you to learn by studying grammar rules. And that's great for beginners, but you're not a beginner. Successful learners know that you don't become fluent by studying. You become fluent by doing. This means using English. Really using English builds experience, and this experience makes you a better English speaker.