(52) I truly want to develop my English skills and I'd love to have your help!

"This is a continuation of the previous entry."

안으로 들어서자 소방서 특유의 냄새가 났다. 선반에서 물기를 말리고 있는 긴 소방 호스와 커다란 크기의 고무장화, 그리고 소방대원들이 입는 재킷과 헬멧 등에서 나는 냄새였다. 거기에 깨끗이 물청소된 바닥과 광택 처리된 소방차들에서 나는 냄새까지 합쳐져 소방서에 온 것이 실감이 났다. 걸음을 멈추고 나는 깊이 숨을 들이쉬었다. 그리고 눈을 감고 잠시 나의 어린 시절로 돌아갔다. 나의 아버지는 소방서에서 화재 진압 반장으로 35년 동안을 일하셨다.

As I got inside, its(=the fire station) distinctive smell emerged. The smell was from several things: a long fire hose which was being dried on a shelf, big rubber boots and jackets and helmets which fire-fighters wore. Also together with smells from cleanly washed floor and polished fire trucks, I realized where I was indeed. I paused and took a few deep breaths in. Then I closed my eyes and then took myself back to my childhood days for a little while. My father worked as a firefighter squad chief in a fire station for thirty five years.

"To be continued..."

Please help me!
Thanks!

(This is a continuation of the previous entry.)

Once I went inside ("got" is informal), its (=the fire station) distinctive smell emerged. The smell was a mixture of a several things: a long fire hose that was being dried on a shelf and the big rubber boots, jackets, and helmets that fire-fighters wore. There was also together with the smells of cleanly washed (freshly mopped) floor and polished fire trucks. I realized where I was indeed ("At this point, I fully embraced the intimate sensations of being inside a firestation" or "The intimate sensations of being inside the firestation made me felt (strangely) at home."). I paused and took a few deep breaths in ("in" isn't really needed). Then, I closed my eyes and then brought myself back to my childhood days with my memory for a little while. ("I recalled that") My father worked as the chief of a firefighter squad chief in a fire station for thirty five years.

(To be continued...)

Please help me!
    Thanks!

Very nice! The nuance of "소방서에 온 것이 실감이 났다" is quite difficult to capture but I did my best! Keep up the wonderful writing!

As I got inside, its(= went inside the fire station,) distinctive smell emerged. The smell it was the result from several things: a long fire hose which that was being dried on a shelf; big rubber boots, and jackets and helmets which the fire-fighters wore. Also together Fused with smells those from cleanly washed floor and polished fire trucks, I realized where I was indeed in a fire station. I paused; and took a few deep breaths in. Then I closed closing my eyes... and then took myself I waltzed/harkened/stepped/drifted/slipped back to my childhood days for a moment. little while. You see, my father was worked as a the chief of a firefighter squad chief in a fire station for thirty five years.

"To be continued..."

Please help me!
    Thanks!