Lamb to the slaughter, my summary.

This short story was written bay Roald Dahl. Generally speaking about a cime of passion. The main characters are Mr and Mrs Maloney. The scene takes place at the Maloney's house around 18 O'Clock.
At the beginning of the text, Mary is portrayed as a caring and loving wife devoting her all life for her husband. At the end, she is portrayed as a heartless woman. We can even say that she is become an unscrupulous murderer. This changing atmosphere is particularly striking.
Everything change when Patrick tells her he leaves her whereas she is pregnant. At this point, everything inside Mary become automatic, instinctive. She doesn't control anything...Then she kill Patrick and lies to the police. As the story conclusion, she makes the policeman eat the exhibit : that's dramatic irony.

I disagree with Patrick's attitude but I can't agree more with Mary's. I think that the revenge is not a solution to be happy, on the contrary !

This short story was written by Roald Dahl. It is mainly about a crime of passion. The main characters are Mr. and Mrs. Maloney. The setting is the Maloney House around 8:00 pm.

At the beginning of the text, Mary is portrayed as a caring and loving wife devoting her whole life to her husband. At the end, she is portrayed as a heartless women. We can even say that she has become an unscrupulous murderer. This changing atmosphere is particularly striking.

Everything changes when Patrick tells her, while she is pregnant, that he is leaving her. At this point, everything inside Mary becomes automatic and instinctive. She can’t control anything. She ends up killing Patrick and lying to the police. As the story ends, she makes the policeman eat the exhibit; that’s dramatic irony.

Lamb to the slaughter, my summary.

This is a short story written by Roald Dahl about a crime of passion. The main characters are Mr and Mrs Maloney. The scene takes place at the Maloney's house around 6pm.
    At the beginning of the text, Mary is portrayed as a caring and loving wife who is devoted to husband. In the end, she is portrayed as a heartless woman. We can even say that she is become an unscrupulous murderer. This changing atmosphere is particularly striking.
    Everything changed when Patrick tells her that he wants to leaver her whilst she is pregnant. At this point, everything inside Mary became automatic, instinctive. She can't control anything...She then kills Patrick and lies to the police. As the story concludes, she makes the policeman eat the exhibit : that's dramatic irony.

I disagree with Patrick's attitude but I can't agree with Mary either. I think that the revenge is not a solution to be happy, on the contrary !

Lamb to the slaughter - My summary.

This short story was written bay Roald Dahl. Generally speaking, it's about a crime of passion. The main characters are Mr. and Mrs. Maloney. The scene takes place at the Maloney's house around 6 o'clock in the evening.

At the beginning of the story, Mary is portrayed as a caring and loving wife devoting her entire life to her husband and at the end, she is portrayed as a heartless woman. We can even say that she had become an unscrupulous murderer. This change is particularly striking. 

Everything changes when Patrick tells her he is leaving her while being pregnant. At that point, everything inside Mary became automatic and instinctive.

She was totally out of control. Then she killed Patrick and lied to the police. At the story's conclusion, she makes the policeman (eat the exhibit?) : that's a/the dramatic irony.

I disagree with Patrick's action but I can't agree with Mary's. I think that the revenge is not a solution to be happy, on the contrary!