Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

Getting started on italki (Please help me correct)

It's my second time singing up an account on italki.com. I was introduced to this website by one of my classmates from our Russian class. The last time I registered, I was didn't know how this website works and was afraid to post any content. But I have more time during my day now. So I wanted to start using this website. I'm a native Chinese speaker and I can speak English. But at this moment, I feel so embarrassed because I realized my English is so poor. I'm lacking so much experience in writing or communicating in English. It hasn't been a problem to read and understand English articles and websites for me, but upon writing an essay myself, I find it very difficult to compose fluent and clear sentences. I'm trying my best now with my heart bumping fast and my face blushed! I wish people who read this can correct my writings and help me improve my English. And I'm very willing to make friends here. I hope a few more days later, I can be able to chat with people around the world and can learn a lot of new things here!

Getting started on italki (Please help me to correct this post)

This is my second time singing up for an account on italki.com. I was introduced to this website by one of my classmates from our Russian class. The last time I registered, I didn't know how the website worked and was afraid to post any content, but I have more time during my day now so I wanted to start using it more.

I am a native Chinese speaker and I can speak English, but at this moment, I feel so embarrassed because my English is so poor. I'm lacking so much experience in writing and communicating in English.

It has not been a problem for me to read and understand English articles and websites, but upon writing an essay, I find it very difficult to compose fluent and clear sentences. I'm trying my best now, with my heart bumping fast and my face blushed!

I would like the people who read this to correct my writing and help me improve my English, and I'm also very happy/looking forward to make/making friends here. I hope in a few more days I will be able to chat with people from around the world and can learn a lot of new things!

---------------------------

Hi Wolf, This is great! Just a few things you need to be careful with:

Informal abbreviations - for example "you are" > "you're" or "I am" > "I'm", this is fine is you are writing a friendly, informal piece like a letter to a friend or quoting someone, but if you are going to do this it is usually accepted that you either do all of them or none so I have edited them out.

Secondly, for the same reasons, starting a sentence with "Because" is alright if you are writing to a friend, but otherwise try not to do it.

Other than that, great structure and choice of words! Ben