Crisis And Media

When things are not going well in the world, they are even worse in Spain. We are living the worst economic crisis in decades. Unemployment is increasing every day and government is cutting public spending. People are angry and there are protests every day in everywhere. It is the biggest story in the news at the moment: the crisis.

Nowadays, to watch the news always makes you feel sad and frustrated. I have no TV at home, however, I read newspapers and I listen to the radio to be up to date. I try to read digital information too, because I think the more sources you read, the more accurate complete information you have.

Unfortunately, it is really difficult today to find accurate and impartial information. Government has fired almost every journalist, presenter or commentator that could tell the news in that way. In my opinion, there is censored information too that it’s not accessible to the public because Government is not interesting in. Who has the money, control the media and, consequently, the information. In this way is how it’s working Spanish media lately.

At least there are still journalists that want to make good journalism and who try to be objective in the news they offer. One example is Ana Pastor, who even though was fired last year, has continued making this type of journalism.

Furthermore, there is a TV channel which has changed its philosophy in order to ensure accurate information reach all people. One of its TV programs is “Salvados” and the presenter is called Javier Évole. Javier makes a journalism based on the research about controversial topics. He makes direct interviews to controversial people, so they have to answer without straying of the topic. If you watch this TV program, it will provide a different perspective on the news.

Crisis And Media

When things are not going well in the world, they are even worse in Spain. We are living in the worst economic crisis in decades. Unemployment is increasing every day and the government is cutting public spending. People are angry and every day there are protests throughout the country every day in everywhere. It is The biggest news story in the news at the moment: the crisis.

Nowadays, to watching the news always makes you feel sad and frustrated. I have no TV at home, however, I read newspapers and I listen to the radio to keep be up to date. I try to read digital information too, because I think the more sources you read, the more accurate and complete is the information you have.

Unfortunately, it is really difficult today to find accurate and impartial information. The government has fired almost every journalist, presenter or commentator that could tell give us unbiased the news. in that way. In my opinion, there is a lot of censored information too that is it’s not accessible to the public because the government is not interested in us knowing any of itiis tng in. Whoever  has the money controls the media and consequently the information. In This is the way is how it’s working the Spanish media has been operating lately. 

At least there are still journalists that want to make do good journalism and who try to be objective in with the news they offer. One example is Ana Pastor, who even though she was fired last year, has continued making this type of journalism.

Furthermore, there is a TV channel which has changed its philosophy in order to ensure that accurate information reaches all of the people. One of its TV programs is “Salvados” and the presenter is called Javier Évole. Javier makes a  journalism creates programs based on the research about of controversial topics. He makes direct interviews to controversial people directly, so they have to answer without straying off the topic. If you watch this TV program, it will provide a different perspective on the news.

Excellent Mercedes!  Really just minor changes and a bit of rewording but your use and knowledge of English is very good!  I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to correct one of your recent posts but since Italki revised the homepage I no longer see the latest updates of new notebook entries from my contacts.

Thank you very much for the information about Spain. Do you have same programs as “Salvados” with English subtitles? It will be very interesting to watch something about Spain.