Diving in Schelkovsky quarry.

Today I was scuba-diving in Schelkovsky quarry. This pit was being used by industry to mine sand, clay and dolomite. Now it is flooded and used for fish-breeding, fishing, diving and other water entertainments. It is close to Moscow (22 km) and nice for one day diving on holidays.
I visited it with my buddy Ilya. We made two dives, each for a one hour approximately. First 4 meters, the water is warm (about 20 C degree) and visibility is great (about 7 meters or even more). If you continue to descent, after thermocline you find it fairly cold for a wet suit (about 9 C). Visibility fades to nearly zero, like in a heavy fog. That's why the most interesting diving plan would be to move alongside a shore not deeper that 5 meters. There you can see fantastic submerged trees and bushes with bizarre small mussel balls. There are plenty habitants like perch, trout, catfish hiding in this small underwater forest and other freshwater little fishes. I even touched one catfish at his tail from behind and it started like a rocket! :)
Also we found one arm size trout had entangled in the net. The net fence a small fish-farm region from the lake. He was hardly breathing and not moving. We set him free, but I think we were too late. He felt down to bottom upside-down, and was not moving, though was opening and closing his mouth a little. No chance... :(
I find this quarry is one of the best places for diving in Moscow region.
I haven't took photos, but you can find examples in this community
https://www.facebook.com/groups/166843506815844/

Diving in Schelkovsky quarry.

Diving in Schelkovsky quarry.