Time waits for no one.

There are two ways to get where I work: By bus or by subway, by bus it will take me 30 minutes while subway needs 20. You might think that the subway is faster than a bus, but according to my observation, that’s not really. Their speed is similar.
So, where the extra 10 minutes goes? Traffic jam? No. (I know Beijing’s traffic is terrible, but this road is generally ok except rush hours). Actually, it because of the traffic lights. There are about 9/10 traffic lights at a ten kilo meters road, and one of them at Hu Jia Lou will make you wait a very long time, extremely long. Sometimes I think I can even finish a short story during the waiting time.
I should arrive at my work place at 6:30pm and I usually go out at 5:40.The bus I take usually pull in at 5:44, but it isn’t always on time. When I get off I still need to walk about 10 minutes, and go through two traffic lights again.
I get accustomed to calculate time, so I’m always in a hurry. When the bus late or I encounter too many red lights, I will know I’m going to be late.
There are so few times, when I get to the station, the bus or train just leaving. Then I would think: if I didn’t go back to carry the umbrella, I would catch that train; if I didn’t closed for too long; if I always put my key in the same place; if I … and sometimes I think, that’s so as to the opportunities. Time waits for no one, so you have to be a little faster, then faster.

Time waits for no one.

There are two ways to get to where I work: by bus or by subway. By bus it will take me 30 minutes, while subway needs 20. You might think that the subway is faster than a bus, but according to my observation, that’s not really true. Their speed is similar.
    So, where does the extra 10 minutes go? Traffic jam? No. (I know Beijing’s traffic is terrible, but this road is generally ok, except for rush hours). Actually, it is because of the traffic lights. There are about 9 or 10 traffic lights in ten kilometers of road, and one of them at Hu Jia Lou will make you wait a very long time, extremely long. Sometimes I think I can even finish a short story during the waiting time.
    I should arrive at my work place at 6:30pm and I usually go out at 5:40.The bus I take usually pulls in at 5:44, but it isn’t always on time. When I get off, I still need to walk about 10 minutes, and go through two traffic lights again.
    I get accustomed to calculating time, so I’m always in a hurry. When the bus is late or I encounter too many red lights, I will know I’m going to be late.
    There are so few times, when I get to the station, the bus or train just leaving. Then I will think: if I hadn't gone back to carry the umbrella, I would have caught that train; if I hadn't closed for too long; if I had put my key in the same place; if I … and sometimes I think, that’s so for the other opportunities. Time waits for no one, so you have to be a little faster, then faster.

[Very good. The subjunctive mood (in the last paragraph) is one of the most difficult to master.  I know enough Chinese to know that when we say <someone> is <adjective>, you leave out the verb 'is'.  It took me a while to get used to it.]

last paragraph

There are a few times, when I get to the station, the bus or train is just leaving. Then I would think: if I didn’t go back to get the umbrella, I would have caught that train; if I didn’t clothing for too long; if I always put my key in the same place; if I … and sometimes I think, opportunities maybe just like the leaving train. Time waits for no one, so you have to be a little faster, then faster.

Time waits for no one.

There are two ways to get where I work: By bus or by subway, by bus it will take me 30 minutes while subway needs (use takes again. needs is not incorrect, but it sounds odd. Would work if both times you use "needs") 20. You might think that the subway is faster than a the (you are taking a specific bus, so use the definate article) bus, but according to my observation, that’s not really true. Their speed is similar.
    So, where does the extra 10 minutes goes? Traffic jam? No. (I know Beijing’s traffic is terrible, but this road is generally ok except during rush hours). Actually, it's because of the traffic lights. There are about 9/10 traffic lights at (use on) a ten kilo meters road, and one of them at Hu Jia Lou will make you wait a very long time, extremely long. Sometimes I think I can even finish a short story during the waiting time.
    I should arrive at my work place at 6:30pm and I usually go out at 5:40.The bus I take usually pulls in at 5:44, but it isn’t always on time. When I get off I still need to walk about 10 minutes, and go through two traffic lights again.
    I get accustomed to calculate time, so I’m always in a hurry. When the bus is late or I encounter too many red lights, I will know I’m going to be late.
    There are so a few times, when I get to the station, the bus or train is just leaving. Then I would think: if I didn’t go back to carry (use the verb to get or to grab. Carry is for when you actually have the umbrella and are carrying it around.) the umbrella, I would have caught catch (use past tense) that train; if I didn’t closed (not sure what you mean by this) for too long; if I always put my key in the same place; if I … and sometimes I think, that’s so as to (I think that you mean those are opportunities but I am not exactly sure.) the opportunities. Time waits for no one, so you have to be a little faster, then faster.

Your English is very good. If you work on your tenses a little bit then it will be perfect.