Cover Letter

To whom it may concern,

I am really interested in your offer for an intern position in your Design Studio.

I am Filippo, native italian with a Bachelor Degree in Industrial Design gained at University in Milan, Italy.
I am currently living in London since May 2011 but I have developed the required skills during my college experience and during my first internship in Italy where I was in a design studio with a workshop. We worked with different materials (from solid wood to MDF, from thermo plastics to Corian), using different techniques (CNC milling machine, 3D printer, tools for finishing off), we experimented in the design process and during my period of internship we designed a series of objects that we showed in two international fairs, one was the Stockholm Furniture Fair.

Your products, your design process is exactly what I am looking for gaining as much experience as I can for developing my career in design. I am really fascinated from your products. I remember the Gentle Chair in Porro exhibition during Milan Design Week 2012. You are working with Porro and Kartell, two famous established Italian brands that I have studied at University. Being Italian I could help with those partnership.

At the moment I am working part-time, since November 2011, such as sales advisor for a brand concession in TopShop Flagship Store. During this time I improved my English and save some money. You didn’t mention if the position is paid or unpaid, full time or part time, by the way in case you’ll be interested in my profile, I can afford to quit the job and working full time. It could be a great occasion for myself. Furthermore, I am living close to the centre and I use to go around London by bike so is not a great deal to arrive to your office.

To whom it may concern, 

I am very much interested in your job offer for an Intern Position for your design studio.

I'm a native Italian with a Bachelor Degree in Industrial Design from the University in Milan, Italy, and have been living in London since May 2011.

I have developed the required skills for this position during college and at my first internship in Italy where I worked in a design studio and workshop.

We worked with different materials (from solid wood and MDF, to thermo plastics and Corian), using CNC milling machines, 3D printers and various finishing tools. We experimented with designes and produced a series of objects that were exhibited at two international fairs, including the Stockholm Furniture Fair.

I am really fascinated by your products and your design process is exactly what I am looking. I remember the Gentle Chair at the  Porro exhibition during the Milan Design Week 2012. You are working with Porro and Kartell, two famous established Italian brands that I have studied in detail at the University. Being Italian I could certainly help with those partnerships. My goal is to contribute to your company while gaining more experience for developing my career in design.

At the moment I'm working part-time as sales advisor for a (brand concession in not sure what you are trying to say here) TopShop flagship store.

Living here for 2 years gave me the chance to improve my English and save some money. I hope you’ll be interested in my profile. It would be a great opportunity to work for your company and I'm prepared to start on a full work schedule at anytime.

(You didn’t mention if the position is paid or unpaid, full time or part time - Furthermore, I am living close to the centre and I use to go around London by bike so is not a great deal to arrive to your office.) -> not necessary to mention at this point