Introduction.

Well, I don't know much grammar but the method I'm studying says I should go for context during the first moth anyway, so as long as you understand me I'm fine.

Is mise Rufus. Tá mé sé bliana déag. Is Èireannach mé. Rugadh mé i Newcastle. Cònaím I mBaile Ipswich. Is é an baile leadrànach. Is maith liom an chathair Droichead Àtha, Tà sé mo bhaile dù chais.

Introduction.

Well, I don't know much grammar but the method I'm studying says I should go for context during the first month anyway, so as long as you understand me I'm fine.

Is mise Rufus. Tá mé sé bliana déag. Is Éireannach mé. Rugadh mé sa Chaisleán Nua ["an Caisleán Nua" is the Irish for "Newcastle" so you should use that if you mean one of the Irish Newcastles; if you're referring to one of the many Newcastles outside Ireland, however, you can keep the English name]. Cónaím i mbaile Ipswich ["Tá mé i mo chónaí i mbaile Ipswich" is better]. Is baile leadránach é ["it is a boring town"; "is é an baile leadránach é" means "it is the boring town"]. Is maith liom an chathair Droichead Átha, is é mo bhaile dúchais é.

Not a bad attempt for someone who doesn't know much grammar.

More notebook entries written in Gaelic (Irish)