A real crime against humanity

Domenico Dolche and Stephano Gabbana were sentenced to imprisonment by Italian court for economical crime. But I think that they and most of celebrities of “fashion business” are guilty in more dangerous crime.
They perverted the idea of women beauty. “Thin” and “bad” are cognate words in Russian language. And I understand why. Only an effect of advertising and mass-media could make so many men think that skinny girls are sexually attractive. Girls and women torture themselves with diets (am I the only one who hear the word “die” in the word “diet”?). This trend have appeared 20-30 years ago, if I’m not mistaken.
But real standards of beauty were embodied in paintings of great artists of the past. For example “Sibiryachka (A Siberian woman)” by V.I. Surikov. I’m sure, that the woman who is painted on the picture have never read “Cosmopolitan”.

thank you for your attention and please remember – life is too difficult to be serious ;)

A real crime against humanity

Domenico Dolche and Stephano Gabbana were sentenced to imprisonment by Italian court for economic [business] crime. But I think that they and most of celebrities of “fashion business” are guilty of a more dangerous crime.
    They have perverted the idea of women beauty. “Thin” and “bad” are cognate words in Russian language and I understand why. Only the effect of advertising and mass-media could make so many men think that skinny girls are sexually attractive. Girls and women torture themselves with diets (am I the only one who hears the word “die” in the word “diet”?). This trend have appeared 20-30 years ago, if I’m not mistaken.

[Very good.  Excellent point.]