Idiom about Monkey

I am a tutor for a bad boy who is son of my teacher. He is a naughty boy, he usually makes monkey business in my class such as: eating candy while i am teaching...etc. He always askes me the questions that don't relative with my lession to trying to make a monkey out of me. When i ask him a question and respect his respond, he usually repeat what i said, of course he never answer. He had monkey around.

- 3 idioms-
to monkey around
monkey business
to make a monkey out of someone

Idiom about Monkey

I am a tutor for a bad boy who is the son of my teacher. He is a naughty boy.

He usually makes monkey business in my class such as eating candy while i am teaching...etc.

He always asks me  questions that don't relate to  my lesson and  trying to make a monkey out of me. When i ask him a question and respect his response, he usually repeats what I said, and of course he never answers. He  monkeys around.

- 3 idioms-

to monkey around

monkey business

to make a monkey out of someone

Your student craves "negative" attention,  possibly because in the home, he did not actually get a healthy form of attention.  Now he "acts out" just to see adults react.

Actually,  short of   the child getting a "spanking" or similar physical discipline adquate to diminish his bloated Ego,  there is little you can do.

By some patient efforts, some progress may be made.  First,  try not to give the negative reaction he seeks.  Don't react to his negative actions. He wants that.

You might make him the center of attention for the entire class.  You can ask other students,  for example, if they answer a question,  "How do you think  XXXXX  would answer this question?"

This would be a form of reverse psyhology, in which all of the students in the entire class are induced to recognize that he demands to be the center of attention.  Of course, you can disguise the action a little bit.  When student A answers a question,  ask them how they think  student MMMMM would answer; but manage to direct the majority of attention to   what XXXXX's answer might be.

You may find that the entire class prosecutes your case for you.  If XXXXX repeats your question,   remind the class that XXXXX has just repeated the question, and ask the class  what answer  they would have  for the question, thus directing attention AWAY from XXXXX. He will not like that.

The Candy eating etc is perhaps something for the moment beyond your control. Not all  problems can be solved at once.

Perhaps the key  thing to remember is that you treat the behavior  of XXXXX not as an abnormality which you must "fix".  Make it a normality  that the rest of the class can discuss.  If your class makes fun of XXXXX and his outrageous behavior, smile as though it were   a reasonable answer and move on to talk to other students about the answer.  Act as though All Outrageous behavior were the norm...but keep talking. You are the teacher.  HOLD A MIRROR UP TO THE STUDENTS ...or to the  class monkey.

Dialogue is a bit of a secret in human behavior. Even among the most outrageous and brutal people in humanity,  everyone knows that human conflict is a bit of a game. As the teacher, you "play with" all of the pieces and all of the players. The Monkey, can only play  his personal role and that is a very limited act.   All games are lawful, for the teacher.  All rules can be the invention of the teacher.

If you can draw the Monkey   out of his isolated role as class Interruptor, it may be that he also, can join the class in normative dialogue, discussing  the subjective game we all play.---Warm Regards,  Bruce

Idiom about Monkey

I am a tutor for a bad boy who is son of my teacher. He is a naughty (spoiled) boy, he usually makes monkey business in my class such as: eating candy while i am teaching...etc. He always askes me the questions that don't relative with my lession (lesson) to trying to make a monkey out of me. When i ask him a question and respect his respond (respondes), he usually repeats what i said, of course he never answers. He had monkey around.

- 3 idioms-
    to monkey around
    monkey business
    to make a monkey out of someone

Idiom about Monkey

I am a tutor for a bad boy who is son of my teacher. He is a naughty boy, he usually makes monkey business in my class such as: eating candy while i am teaching...etc. He always askes me the questions that don't relative with my lession (lesson) to trying to make a monkey out of me. When i ask him a question and respect his respond (respondse), he usually repeats what i said, of course he never answers. He had monkey around.

- 3 idioms-
    to monkey around
    monkey business
    to make a monkey out of someone