IELTS practice essay: Animal Rights

Different people may hold different opinions about using animals for the benefit of human beings. Some think it is acceptable while others believe it is morally wrong. Personally I believe we should avoid exploiting animals for non-essential purposes and make efforts to minimize their suffering when using them for the mankind.

People who support human use of animals argue that animal exploitation is a necessary evil. They believe that human beings are biologically designed as omnivores and some of the nutrients needed by human bodies can only be acquired from animal meat consumption, hence it is natural for humans to use animal as a source of food. They also believe that it is inevitable to use animals in medical researches when there is no alternatives to animal experimentation; after all, human lives could be saved because of such researches.

In the meantime, there are ethical arguments against the exploitation of animals. Humans have a long history of hunting, rearing and killing animals for food, which is believed by some people to be morally wrong because they think we have no right to take lives of those animals. And as a common practice of using animals in medical researches, animals such as laboratory mice are given an illness to be ready for testing a new drug. It is argued that such research methods are unethical since the benefits to humans can not justify the suffering caused to the animals.

In conclusion, while it would be impossible to completely stop using animals for human benefits, we should avoid the use if it is unnecessary; Also we should carry out the process humanely and minimize the suffering of the animals.

(277 words)

IELTS practice essay: Animal Rights

People who support human use of animals argue that animal exploitation is a necessary evil. They believe that human beings are biologically designed as omnivores and some of the nutrients needed by human bodies can only be acquired from animal meat consumption, hence and therefore it is natural for humans to use animal as a source of food. They also believe that it is inevitable to use animals in medical researches when there is no alternatives to animal experimentation; after all, human lives could be saved because of such researches.

In conclusion, while it would be impossible to completely stop using animals for human benefits, we should avoid the use if it is unnecessary;. Also we should carry out the process humanely and minimize the suffering of the animals.

(277 words)