Molly
Professional Teacher
an interesting discovery about the different meanning between chinese and english 刚才我在italki上看了一篇关于家庭成员的小作文。 i watched a passage on italki just now. 作文里面说:她的家庭成员中有一个是她的继母。 it's said in passage that one of her family is her mother in law. 她很贴心地配图说明家庭的关系。 she was so careful and she expess the relationship of her family with a painting. 她用继母去描述她丈夫的母亲。 she used 继母 to describe her husband's mother. 但是,在中文里,我们用另外一种方法表达。 but in chinese,we say it in another way. 假设你是一个女的,你的结婚了,你丈夫的爸爸妈妈,你应该叫他们公公婆婆。 presume u are a female and u r marrided,u should call your husband's father and mother "公公,婆婆“ 如果你是男的,已婚,你应该叫你妻子的爸妈叫,岳父岳母。 on the contrary,u r a man,u shoul call your wife's father and mother " 岳父岳母” 继父继母,确实是你法律关系上的父母,而不是血缘上的。 father in law and mother in law means the realationshio bwtween u and they is in law rather blood-type indee. 但是在中文中,继父继母只是父母离婚以后,再婚的那个对象。 but in chinese ,继母继父 only means the person who get marrided with your parents after they divorced.
1

An interesting discovery about the different meannings between Chinese and English

刚才我在italki上看了一篇关于家庭成员的小作文。
I read a passage on italki just now.
作文里面说:她的家庭成员中有一个是她的继母。
It's said in passage that one of her family is her mother in law.
她很贴心地配图说明家庭的关系。
She was so careful and she expessed the relationship of her family with the painting.
她用继母去描述她丈夫的母亲。
She used 继母 to describe her husband's mother.
但是,在中文里,我们用另外一种方法表达。
but in chinese,we say it in another way.
假设你是一个女的,你的结婚了,你丈夫的爸爸妈妈,你应该叫他们公公婆婆。
Presume you are a female and u r married, you should call your husband's father and mother "公公,婆婆“
如果你是男的,已婚,你应该叫你妻子的爸妈叫,岳父岳母。
on the contrary, if you are a man then you should call your wife's father and mother " 岳父岳母”
继父继母,确实是你法律关系上的父母,而不是血缘上的。
father in law and mother in law means the relationship between you and them is in law rather than the blood relation indeed.
但是在中文中,继父继母只是父母离婚以后,再婚的那个对象。
but in chinese ,继母继父 only means the person who get married with your parents after they divorced.

<em>Sorry that i couldn't do it well, because i don't understand Mandarin and most part of the entry is in Mandarin. Well nice work by the way.</em>