Impression of “Great Expectations”

In my opinion, Pip's inner battles of will have something to do with the social background of Victorian England. Although most people were satisfied with the industrial and political preeminence of England during the Victorian era, they also suffered from a sense of anxiety, a sense of empty, and a sense of alienation, the speed of the development in technology was beyond the mental adaptive faculty of people.
 As far as I'm concerned, this moral dilemma not only appears in Victorian England. Nowadays, on one hand, China becomes increasingly important in the global stage, on the other hand, such progress in commerce and industry led to neglect of some social problems.
 We don't have to look far afield to find "Pips" in our everyday life. For instance, some girls would pinch and scrape for half a year or more to buy an LV bag. As far as I'm concerned, the orientation of brand should meet the needs of target customers' experience. Obviously, schoolgirls are not targeting customers of LV bags. What's more, most of the schoolgirls can't "understand" the bag either. Most of the time, they bought the bags not because they think those bags are beautiful but because of the logo. "Something darkly humorous and tragic lies at the heart of a scene where a completely oblivious individual stages a ridiculous spectacle and does not hear the laughs enjoyed at his expense." However, if there's no sneer at all, should we feel relaxed?
 In today's China, one's social status does not depend on his interior quality but his consumption: the band of his suits, the the location of his house, the number of his private yacht,etc. If Pip had lived in today's China, he would not have felt uneasy in the party of the upper class. Of course, the premise is that he has purchased an AUDI A 8 or a Rolls Royce for example no matter where the money came.
 Shakespeare once said, "One night, we can build a nouveau riche, three generations to cultivate an aristocrat." In China, there's no need of aristocratic system, which gives priority to a few. Instead, we are looking forward to the noble spirit, which not only concerns individual interests but also safeguards social justice for the spirit of the age represents the taste of the time.

Impression of “Great Expectations”

In my opinion, Pip's inner battles of will have something to do with ("are related to" would be better) the social background of Victorian England. Although most people were satisfied with the industrial and political preeminence of England during the Victorian era, they also suffered from a sense of anxiety, a sense of emptyiness, and a sense of alienation, the speed of the development in technology was beyond the mental adaptive faculty of people. (The relationship between the text leading up to "...and a sense of alienation" and what follows it is not smooth or clear. I might say, "...and a sense of alientation, each stemming from the difficulty of adapting to the rapid development of technology.")
     As far as I'm concerned (this is fine for informal writing but probably should not be used in a formal essay), this moral dilemma not only appears in Victorian England. Nowadays, on one hand, China has becomes increasingly important oin the global stage, on the other hand, such progress in commerce and industry has led to neglect of some social problems.
     We don't have to look far afield to find "Pips" in our everyday life. For instance, some girls would pinch and scrape for half a year or more to buy an LV bag. As far as I'm concerned (you say this above; in order to avoid redundancy, I suggest changing this to "In my opinion,..."), the orientation of brand should meet the needs of the target customers' experience. Obviously, schoolgirls are not targeting customers of LV bags (do you mean that schoolgirls are not the target customers?). What's more, most of the schoolgirls can't "understand" the bag either. Most of the time, they bought the bags not because they think those bags are beautiful but because of the logo. "Something darkly humorous and tragic lies at the heart of a scene where a completely oblivious individual stages a ridiculous spectacle and does not hear the laughs enjoyed at his expense." However, if there's no sneer at all, should we feel relaxed?
     In today's China, one's social status does not depend on his interior quality but on his consumption: the brand of his suits, the the location of his house, the number of his private yachts, etc. If Pip had lived in today's China, he would not have felt uneasy in the party (not sure of the intended meaning here; do you mean "at a party of" or "in the company of"?) of the upper class. Of course, the premise is that he has purchased an AUDI A 8 or a Rolls Royce, for example no matter where the money came from.
     Shakespeare once said, "One night, we can build a nouveau riche, three generations to cultivate an aristocrat." (really? based on a quick search of the internet, and my familiarity with some of his writing, this doesn't sound like something Shakespeare said :>) In China, there's no need of for an aristocratic system, which gives priority to a few. Instead, we are looking forward to the a noble spirit, which not only concerns individual interests but also safeguards social justice for the spirit of the age represents the taste of the time. (I'm not sure what this last phrase means :) If deleted, though, the sentence makes perfect sense)

--------------------------------------------------

Good job! Your writing is very impressive. You obviously have studied English very hard. Keep practicing!

Impression of “Great Expectations”

In my opinion, Pip's inner battles of will have something to do with the social background of Victorian England. Although most people were satisfied with the industrial and political preeminence of England during the Victorian era, they also suffered from a sense of anxiety, a sense of emptiness, and a sense of alienation, because  the speed of the development in technology was beyond the mental adaptive faculty of people.

In today's China, one's social status does not depend on his interior quality but his consumption: the brand of his suits, the  location of his house, the number(?  Size?) of his private yacht, etc. If Pip had lived in today's China, he would not have felt uneasy in the party of the upper class. Of course, the premise is that he has purchased an AUDI A 8 or a Rolls Royce for example no matter where the money came.

Shakespeare once said, "One night, we can build a nouveau riche, three generations to cultivate an aristocrat." In China, there's no need of aristocratic system, which gives priority to a few. Instead, we are looking forward to the noble spirit, which not only concerns individual interests but also safeguards social justice for the spirit of the age represents the taste  (taste of the time, or  the Test of Time?) of the time.

---------

Well written essay  Jacinta.  Few if any errors and conceptully of great depth.--Warm Regards, Bruce