why it is wrong? Can somebody explain it

I like spending time with friends ( incorrect )

I like to spend time with friends

I sometime face problem making sentences using to+verb/ verb_ing

I like to spend time with friends

Hello Vimmlarawat. How are you?

Sentence #1 is not "incorrect".  I think someone may have misinformed you.  There are 2 common ways, both correct of communicating the same idea.  (A)  I like SPENDING TIME with my friends.  (B)  I like TO SPEND TIME with my friends.

Many English words have a NOUN form and  VERB FORM.  Example, to show something with precision so the verb,  TO ARTICULATE.  (I am ARTICULATING   ideas to you  right now.)   To write about the same conception,   I can refer to ARTICULATION as something that I do.  Do you understand?

What I am doing is AN ARTICULATION.    When I am writing, I can inform you that I   ARTICULATE some ideas, and I can also say that I am ARTICULATING  some ideas.  (I hope you understand.)

Who told you your sentence was incorrect?

Sentence #2 is correct.

Don't worry about this difficulty. If you want further  assistance with this problem,  message me about it and I will give you some helpful examples and clarification.

(Sometimes,  the mastery of a simple difficulty, proves to the the key which removes many barrier's to a student's understanding.)

More notebook entries written in Hindi