Changing My Nickname on Italki

After my dog's death, I've felt empty. I don't know why because he was only a dog.

In the past, thanks to adoring my dog, I named "a little dog" on italki as my nickname. Besides that name reminded me about my lovely dog, it helped me feel younger like a child.

One day, a couple of weeks ago, he died of a strange disease. I imagined that nobody couldn't compensate for the death of my loved dog, and it has been true. That's why I conversed the old nickname into the new one. However, his cute activities will be alive in my mind until the dust settles.

Now, it has been raining slightly outside, as well as my heart is full of tears when I'm writing this notebook.

Changing My Nickname on Italki

After Since my dog's death, I've felt empty. I don't know why because he was only a dog.

"only a dog"!!  Well I know people who would hurt you for saying that! Many people, who like their pets more than humans. And your dog would bite you too! I know you don't mean that ;)

In the past, thanks to adoring my dog, I named used "a little dog" on italki as my nickname. Besides,  that name reminded me about of my lovely dog, it helped me feel younger, like a child.

One day, a couple of weeks ago, he died of a strange disease. I imagined that nobody couldn't compensate for the death of my loved dog, I imagined that nothing could replace my feelings of loss, and it has been true. That's why I conversed the old nickname into the new one changed my nickname. However, his cute activities will be alive in my mind until the dust settles forever.

Now, It has been raining slightly gently outside, as well as and my heart is full of tears when I'm writing this notebook while I write this notebook.

I sorry you are still missing your puppy so much T.

'Since' means that the feeling started after, and still continues. 'After' means that you used to feel bad, but no longer.  I know what you mean by 'compensate' but that sounds like payment or replacement. I think the loss is what makes you feel empty. Sorry.

'when the dust settles' is the wrong metaphor! It means when a fight or argument is over, because fighting creates a cloud of dust. "After the election, when the dust settles, the politicians will be friends again"

I used 'gently' for emotional mood. I changed the last phrase to present tense to match the 'is' verb.

Changing My Nickname on Italki

Since my dog's death, I've felt empty. I don't know why, because he was only a dog.

In the past, thanks to adoring my dog, I took "a little dog" on italki as my nickname. Besides, that name reminded me about my lovely dog, and it helped me feel younger, like a child.

One day, a couple of weeks ago, he died of a strange disease. I imagined that nobody could compensate for the death of my loved dog, and it has been true. That's why I converted the old nickname into the new one. However, his cute activities will be alive in my mind until the dust settles.

Now, it has been raining slightly outside, and my heart is full of tears as well when I'm writing this notebook.

[I'm sorry to hear of your loss.]