Oedipus The King

Oedipus The King is a tragedy written by Sophocles an outstanding philosopher whose philosophy cam be expressed on the following words "Know yourself and you'll see that the only thing you know is that you don't know anything".

In this work he states that all of us, in small or great measure, has already tasted the bitterness of defeat and that is nobody of the mortal race must be called happy before crossing life's border where he is free from pain.

A tragedy is an imitation of an action that is serious and has also greatness complete in itself. It's written in a dramatic and not in a narrative form wich incidents that arouse fear and pity and are described with emotion and magnitude.

The tragedy emphasizes the insignificanse of man and importance of death wich is described as a peaceful sleep not even disturbed by dreams and so, it's not an evil to man, but a prize for his earthly tribulations ans trials. In it, man is not shown noble or unnobled for his sufferings though his sufferings are duo to his insignificance as opposed to the forces of fate and fortune.

What cam be easily felt from the begining is how Oedipus The King gives the impression of tremendous compactness. It's constructed with such economy that seems to be no superfluous word in it.

Oedipus, the central character of the play, consulted Apollo's oracle wich warned him that he was fatted to kill his father and marry his mother. In order to avoid his fate, Oedipus left Corinth and went to Thebs fulfilling this way the prophecy.

Part of Oedipus pride is duo to the discovery of himself and part to having solved the riddle of the Sphinx "Either you decifer me or I devour you". It was for this achievement that the Thebans made him king of Thebs.

According to a legend, the riddle was "What is four footed in the morning, two footed in the afternoon and three footed at evening?". The Thebans had to guess it and whenever they failed the Sphinx carried them of and devoured them.

Oedipus guessed correctly "It was man" he said. "For the child, crawls on hands and feet. The adult walks upright and the old man support his step with a stick". Than the Sphinx thrown herself down to the mountain where she lived.

Oedipus The King

Oedipus The King is a tragedy written by Sophocles an outstanding philosopher famous for whose philosophy can be expressed the following words "Know yourself and you'll see that the only thing you know is that you don't know anything".

In this work he states that all each of us, in small or great measure, has already tasted the bitterness of defeat and that there is nobody of the mortal race must who may be called happy before crossing life's border where he is free from pain.

A tragedy is an imitation of an action that is serious and has also greatness complete in itself. It's written in a dramatic and not in a narrative form with incidents that arouse fear and pity and are described with emotion and magnitude.

The tragedy emphasizes the insignificanse of man and importance of death which is described as a peaceful sleep not even disturbed by dreams and so, it's not an evil to for man, but a prize for his earthly tribulations and trials (tribulations and trials are the same). In it, man is not shown noble or unnobled for his sufferings though his sufferings are due to his insignificance as opposed to the forces of fate and fortune.

What can be easily felt from the beginning is how "Oedipus The King" gives the impression of tremendous compactness. It's constructed with such economy that there seems to be no superfluous word in it.

Oedipus, the central character of the play, consulted Apollo's oracle which warned him that he was fatted to kill his father and marry his mother. In order to avoid his fate, Oedipus left Corinth and went to Thebes fulfilling this way the prophecy.

Part of Oedipus pride is due to the discovery of himself and part to having solved the riddle of the Sphinx "Either you decipher me or I devour you". It was for this achievement that the Thebans made him king of Thebes.

Oedipus guessed correctly "It was man" he said. "For the child, crawls on hands and feet. The adult walks upright and the old man supports his step with a stick". Than the Sphinx thrown herself down to the mountain where she lived.

Most of the 'errors' are spelling; they are consistent, not typing errors, so I am guessing you are 'mis-hearing' some of thes words - like cam=can, duo=due?