Home improvements

Today I was coating the masonry wall of the laundry area of my home. The first thing I had noticed is I'm in a bad shape, after making the mortar my back was killing me and this was only the begining of the work.

Four hours later I have finished the coating, is not a profesional coating but is enough to keep clean and paintable the mansonry wall.

Now I'm remembering the high school time were I learnt all this handy tricks.

My first assigned task on the school was to make a hammer head from a piece of metal using only an abrasive file ("lima" on Spanish). This work took me 3 months, working 3 afternoons by week.

The more exciting was the foundry workshop, where we had have made molds with a special soil and then we had melt aluminum to fill the molds. Working with such temperatures was unforgettable.

The metal milling workshop was interesting too, starting with a raw metal piece and ending with a shiny and perfect object that accomplish with a given specification was felt great.

Picture of one of the workshops today:

Home improvements

Today, I was coating the masonry wall of the laundry area of my home. The first thing that I had noticed is how out of I'm in a bad shape I am because after making the mortar my back was killing me and this was only the beginning of the work.

Four hours later, I have finished the coating the wall and although it is not a very professional job, it coating but is good enough to keep it clean and paintable. the mansonry wall.

Now, I'm remembering the high school time I spent at high school where were I learned all of these this handy tricks.

My first assigned task on the at school was to make a hammer head from a piece of metal using only an abrasive file ("lima" on Spanish). This work took me 3 months, working 3 afternoons by a week.

The It was more exciting was working in the foundry workshop, where we had have made molds with a special soil and then we had melted aluminum to fill them. the molds. Working with under such high temperatures was unforgettable.

The metal milling workshop was interesting too. To starting with a raw piece of metal piece and ending finish with a shiny and perfect object that was made to accomplish with a given specification was felt great.

Picture of one of the workshops today:

Yes, I can also still remember my limited time in the shop class back in grades 8 and 9 where I made a wooden serving tray and a metal meat tenderizer.  And we still use them to this day!

Good job Cristian!