My First Korean Entry: Memories! 기억들 (메모리)

처음 낚시를 갔을 언제예요? 그기억이 어떻게 생겼는지 말해봐. (Describe your first time fishing.)

우리 아빠와 낚시를 가고싶어서 백번 물었던 것 같아. 그런데 한번만 하지않았어. 난 벌레 때문에 놀랬고 조급했다고했어. 어느날 나를 놀라게했어. 그밤에 낚시를 갈수있는다고말했어. 호수가 너무 무서웠다. 물은 진짜 흐렸다! 보트 흔들고 있었어. 부두에서 보트를 올라타야했다. 가끔 엔진 꺼졌어. 갑자기 비가 왔었다. 천둥과번개 있어서 다리 아래에 피난했어. 아빠랑 시간을 보냈다는 좋았어.

I have studied Korean off and on forever now and this is the best I could do. It's not my worst though! I can see where I have improved but I still don't understand complex sentences.

Like "He surprised me and told me we were going to go fishing that night," to make it work in Korean I thought to change the format to, "That night we could go fishing, he said, and so, I was surprised." Which kind of has that feel of "because he said we could go fishing that night, I was surprised."

I also still don't really get conjunctions but I think I can just listen to more Korean to become familiar with how those are used.

If I had a mic, I would read this out for you guys.

Hi. I can't believe that this is your first writing in Korean. It's good except some problems. 

I just want to say Korean has formal and informal grammer. For example, you wrote the below

'~어, ~아' means, talk to friends or younger people than you. Informal grammer.

And '~다' is kinds of formal grammer. Also, you can use to explain something or write your thinking in your own diary.  

And we consider the word spacing importantly. That's because, if the word spacing were wrong, we have totally different meaning. For example,

1. 엄마(mom)가 방(room)에 들어간다(go into). It means, mother go into a room.

2. 엄마가방(mom's bag)에 들어간다. It means, go into a mother's bag.

So, when you writing a Korean, I would say, consider the work spacing.

And we use the word spcing when the end of the word meaning or before the part of speech except postposition. For example,

엄마(mom)가(postposition) /  방(room)에(postposition) /  들어(into)간다(go). 

(I add the / somewhere needs the word spacing.)

처음 낚시를 갔을 언제예요? 그/기억이 어떻게 생겼는지 말해봐. (Describe your first time fishing.) 

우리 아빠와 낚시를 가고/싶어서 백번 물었던 것 같아.

-If you want to say friends, you can use ~아 but, you want to say someone who older than you, you shouldn't say this. We have formal grammer for older people but, that is too difficult to foreign who just got started study Korean. I recommend you that learn formal grammer after more practice. I want to say formal grammer, but it is too hard to explain you to me.....

그런데 한번만 하지/않았어.

-Did you say try once? or over once?

한번만 means 'only once', but 하지 않았어 means 'didn't'. That means, you didn't try only one. = you tried over once.

Is that correct?

If you want to say 'you have fishing only once' = 한번밖에 하지 않았어. 밖에 means only.

If you want to say 'father and you didn't fishing before' = 한번도 하지 않았어.

난 벌레 때문에 놀랬고 조급했다고/했어.

- I don't understand what you say. The worm surprised you but why were you be hurry?

어느/날 나를 놀라게/했어. 그/밤에 낚시를 갈/수/있는다고/말했어.

- I think you said, 'Oneday, father surprised me. Father said to go fishing at night.'

-어느 날 아빠는(father) 나(me)를 놀라게(surprised) 했어(did).

-그 밤에 낚시를 갈(go) 수(ability, possibility) 있냐고(can) 물어봤어(asked me).

호수가 너무 무서웠다. 물은 진짜 흐렸다!

- Sometimes you use '다' and '아'. 

보트 흔들고 있었어.

-As your writing, it means, boat shaked, but, you want to say, boat was rocking on the waves.

-보트는(we use postposition after noun) 흔들리고(was rocking) 있었어.

부두에서 보트를(objective postposition, for, with, to) 올라타야/했다.

-부두에서 보트에(=at, in, on the boat) 올라타야 했다.

가끔 엔진(이) 꺼졌어. 갑자기 비가 왔었다.

천둥과/번개 있어서 다리 아래에 피난했어.

-We use the thunder, thunderbolt and lightening with 치다(have).

-천둥과 번개가(after noun, word you should use the postposition) 쳐서(have thunder, lightening) 다리 아래 피난했어.

아빠랑 시간을 보냈다는 좋았어.

-아빠랑 시간을 보내 좋았어.

I am not good at English also Korean......!! I just explain in my limit. recommend to advised from other Koreans.

More notebook entries written in Korean