Languages

Someone says: "Who knows two languages has two souls". Speaking more than one language help to communicate with more people, improve certain cognitive abilities, regulate your emotions, developed your brain and prevent brain damage.
These are results of some investigations about the benefits of to be bilingual:
1.- Brain growth: Investigators of University of Lund compared a group of university students with a group of people who learn to speak a new language fluently in thirteen months. Before to start, they made a magnetic resonance to both group. After of three months they saw while the brain's structures of the university students remain unchanged, some parts of brain of the students that learned a new language had grown.The parts that growing were the hippo-campus (this area are associated with the learning of new material) and another three areas of the cerebral cortex.
2.- Help to regulate the emotions: Knowing two language can also help us to regulate the negative emotions. When the bilingual people change from language to another, change also manner how they experiment the emotions. If you are a negative state, to start to speaking in another language can help you to feel you better.
3. Protection against the Alzheimer disease: The bilingual people, who constantly must changes between language to another, they are using more their brain and keeping more active it. That made their brain is more prepared for compensate the atrophy caused by the Alzheimer disease.
4. Improve the attention in the children. The kids are capable of to be more attentive and get distracted less than the children only know one language.

To be continue...

Languages

Someone says: "Who knows two languages has two souls". Speaking more than one language helps to communicate with more people, improve certain cognitive abilities, regulate your emotions, develope your brain and prevent brain damage.
    These are results of some investigations about the benefits to be bilingual (or the benefits of/to being bilingual):
    1.- Brain growth: Investigators of University of Lund compared a group of university students with a group of people who learn to speak a new language fluently in thirteen months. Before (starting) they've started, they made a magnetic resonance to both groups. After three months they saw that, while the brain structures of the university students remained unchanged, some parts of the brain of @ students that learned a new language had grown. The parts that were growing (kept growing of grew) were the hippocampus (this area is associated with the learning of new material) and another three areas of the cerebral cortex.
    2.- Help(s*) to regulate @ emotions: Knowing two languages can also help us to regulate @ negative emotions. When @ bilingual people change from one/a language to another, the manner how they experiment the emotions also changes (or alternatively manners how they experiment the emotions also change). If you are in a negative state, starting to speak in another language can help you (+) feel better.
    3. Protection against the Alzheimer disease: @ bilingual people, who constantly must change between a/one language to another, are using more of their brain and keeping it more active . That makes their brains more prepared for compensating the atrophy (or to compensate the atrophy) caused by the Alzheimer disease.
    4. Improve(s*) the attention in the children. The kids are capable of to be more attentive and get distracted less than the children who only know one language.

To be continued...

(@ — specification with the verb "the" is not necessary though isn't a harsh mistake either)

without the "s" it would be a command, whereas with it — an affirmation. Both ways are correct :))

(+ — to is not necessary, though it is not a mistake to put one)