Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

Practica hace perfecto

yo soy un nuevo estudiante con espanol. Estoy etrando practicar mas. Me encanta aprender espanol. Realmente disfrutar interactuando con todos vosotros

Yo soy una nueva (you are a woman) estudiante con de español. Estoy entrando  para practicar más. Me encanta aprender español. Realmente disfruto interactuando con todos vosotros*

Vosotros: In Spain we say vosotros for second person of plural; you in english

Ustedes: In Latin America they say ustedes for the second person of plural.

You have to understand that if you use "ustedes" the verb conjugation is like 3rd person of plural.

Examples: Nosotros aprendemos inglés- Ustedes aprenden inglés (same conjugation as "ellos/ellas")

But in Spain we use usted/ustedes in a more formal way, showing respect. For example: if you are talking to an old person you should use usted/ustedes, if you are talking to a person who has a charge (for ex: a politician)... etc.

In summary:

- You (english 2th person of plural) = vosotros/as in Spain and ustedes in Latin America.

More notebook entries written in Spanish