The stroll

The other day I and my wife decided to take a stroll through a forest. The weather was beautiful and we felt up to walk. When we was walking under the trees I had noticed that there were two squirrels. They was amazing. I told my wife “Look! There are squirrels!” and I pointed one finger at the tree where squirrels were. My wife said “Oh my God, I like them” and at this moment they went down from the tree to the ground. I think that they were one or two meters from us. We could see them very well and it was great.

The stroll

The other day my wife and I (in this structure, put the other person first) decided to take a stroll through a forest. The weather was beautiful and we felt up for ("to feel up to" suggests you are ill but have energy for a task. "to feel up for" means "would like to" here) walk. When we were walking under the trees I noticed two squirrels (past continuos is used with past simple. Past perfect is used with past simple. You use past cont. with past perfect which isn't correct). They were amazing. I told my wife “Look! There are squirrels!” and I pointed one finger at the tree where the squirrels were. My wife said “Oh my God, I like them” and at this moment they went down from the tree to the ground. I think that they were one or two meters away from us. We could see them very well and it was great.

Good use of sentence structure and vocabulary. Please revise was (singular)/were (plural).

A great anecdote, well done!

The stroll

The other day I and my wife decided to take a stroll through a forest. The weather was beautiful and we felt up to walk. When we was walking under the trees I had noticed that there were two squirrels. They were amazing. I told my wife “Look! There are squirrels!” and I pointed one finger at the tree where squirrels were. My wife said “Oh my God, I like them” and at this moment they went down from the tree to the ground. I think that they were one or two meters from us. We could see them very well and it was great.