My grandfather

Out of my grandparents, only my mother's father is alive. He's 92 years old. He lives at my aunt's house in a village Bila near my home town. He's a decrepit old man and hardly walks. He is on cloud nine when members of the family look in on him. Usually it happens in the holidays like Christmas or Easter when families get together. Today I and my mother decided to come over to him. My mother cooked vareniki, bought a tin of beer in a grocery store, and we went to him.

When my grandfather saw me, the tears appeared in his eyes, and he started to cuddle me. My mother took out the gifts, but he declined to eat or drink telling he had just had a breakfast. He said that he doesn't need any gifts, and he only wants us to come more often. We sat down and talked about the news in our lives. He told us that my cousin with her husband had left before we came. I called her, but she couldn't speak a lot as she had some people round/over. When I talked with my grandfather, he often repeated that most he want is that all is ok with my and my mother. He regretted that I had left the nest and work that far. He said he prays that I happily get married. The parting was difficult. I love him.

My grandfather

Out Of my grandparents, only my mother's father is alive. He's 92 years old. He lives at my aunt's house in a the village Bila near my home town. He's a decrepit old man and hardly walks. He is on cloud nine when members of the family look in on him. That usually it happens on the holidays, like Christmas or Easter, when families get together. Today me and my mother decided to go visit him. My mother cooked vareniki, bought a tin of beer in a grocery store, and we went to him.

When my grandfather saw me, the tears came to his eyes, and he started to cuddle me. My mother took out the gifts, but he declined to eat or drink, telling us he had just had breakfast. He said that he doesn't need any gifts, and he only wants us to come more often. We sat down and talked about the news in our lives. He told us that my cousin and her husband had left before we came. I called her, but she couldn't speak much as she had some people over. When I talked with my grandfather, he often repeated that what he most wants is that all is ok with me and my mother. He regretted that I had left the nest and work so far away. He said he prays that I get happily married. The parting was difficult. I love him.

Ivan: very very good :)

My Grandfather

Out of Of all my grandparents, only my mother's father is still alive. He's 92 years old. He lives at my aunt's house in a village called Bila near my hometown. He's a decrepit (good word! I've never heard it before, I had to look it up) old man and hardly walks. He is on cloud nine when members of the family look in check up on him. Usually it happens in during the holidays like Christmas or Easter when families get together. Today I and my mother my mother and I decided to come over to visit him. My mother cooked vareniki (yum), bought a tin of beer in at a grocery store, and we went to see him.

When my grandfather saw me, the tears appeared in his eyes, and he started to cuddle hug (cuddle is not quite the right word) me. My mother took out the gifts, but he declined to eat or drink it, telling saying he had just had a breakfast. He said that he doesn't didn't need any gifts, and that he only wants wanted us to come (by) more often. We sat down and talked about the news what had been going on in our lives. He told us that my cousin with and her husband had left before we came. I called her, but she couldn't speak a lot long, as she had some people round/over. When I talked with my grandfather, he often repeated kept repeating that most he most wanted is that all is everything to be ok with my me and my mother. He regretted was sorry (usually the verb regret is used to express one's feelings about one's own actions, not those of others) that I had left the nest home and work that so far away. He said he prays that I happily get happily married. The Parting (or: Saying goodbye) was difficult. I love him.

Not bad at all, Ivan! You seem to have mastered the past perfect tense, which is impressive. I think you are still using some Russian structures though. For example, in Russian, you'd say something like this: Он сказал, что хотет кошку. In English, we tend to express this kind of sentence with BOTH verbs in the past tense, not just the first verb. We'd say it like this: Он сказал, что хотел кошку. He said he wanted a cat. You're good with prepositions and you are versatile when it comes to phrasing/syntax. I think your English is very good! He looks very sweet, I hope you'll visit him a lot. I'm sure it would make him very happy. My grandfather died last year and I miss him.. I wish I had spent more time with him and gotten to know him better, asked him more questions. I wish you and your grandfather all the best.

My Grandfather

Out of all my grandparents, only my mother's father is alive. He's 92 years old. He lives at my aunt's house in a village, Bila, near my hometown. He's a decrepit old man and hardly walks. He is on cloud nine when members of the family look in on him. Usually it happens on the holidays like Christmas or Easter when families get together. Today, my mother and I decided to come over to see him. My mother cooked vareniki, bought a tin of beer in a grocery store, and we went to see him.

When my grandfather saw me, I became teary-eyed, and he started to cuddle me. My mother took out the gifts, but he declined to eat or drink, telling us he had just had a breakfast. He said that he doesn't need any gifts, and that he only wants us to come over to visit more often. We sat down and talked about the news in our lives. He told us that my cousin with her husband had just left before we came over. I called her, but she couldn't speak a lot as she had some people over. When I talked with my grandfather, he often repeated that what he most wanted, is that all is ok with me and my mother. He regretted that I had left the nest and worked faraway. He said that he prays that I happily get married. The parting was difficult. I love him.

Could you explain when it is appropriate to use 'out of', 'to look in on', and 'to have somebody around', please?

In this context, you need a quantity...  "Out of my four grandparents, ...."  Since you didn't put a number, it is better to use "Of all my grandparents..."  I cannot assume that you have only four grandparents.  They may be divorced and remarried etc... or in customs where a man can have more than a wife etc.

"look in on" is a nice and warm way to say, "checking in on someone/something" at the appropriate time etc.

"to have somebody around", just means exactly that... literally "not to be alone".  However, the actual action depends on the context.

"I am lonely. I just need to have somebody around."

"The kids are too young to be on their one.  Need to have somebody around."

And why does 'tears' go without the article here?

First of all in this context, you are not describing about a particular type of tears but describing a general action.  Hence you do not need the article "the".

The tears of happiness.  You can use "the" here in this instance as you are talking about a particular kind of tears.  You can leave out "the" from plural forms since without it, eg, "tears of happiness".  Here is means a general action of having tears that do not come from sorrow.

"A tear/teardrop  of happiness" is okay but "tear of happiness" is wrong.  Here "a" is an indefinite article meaning it is just any "tear".

I hope that you understood what I'm trying to say... If not, I shall try to put it in another way :)

My Grandfather

Out Of all of my grandparents, only my mother's father [maternal grandfather] is alive. He's 92 years old. He and lives at my aunt's house in a village called Bila near my hometown home town. He's an decrepit [wrong usage of the old.  This word contains bad connotation!] old man and can hardly walks. However, he is on cloud nine when family members of the family look in on him. come for a visit.  Usually it this happens in the during holidays like Christmas or Easter when the family families get together. Today I and my mother and I decided to come over to him drop in for a visit. My mother She cooked vareniki, and bought a tin can of beer in from a grocery store, and we went to him [This is understood].

When my grandfather grandpa/gramps [give some warm and affection to your essay] saw me, the tears appeared in his eyes, and he started to cuddle hug me. My mother mom took out the gifts, but he declined to eat or drink telling as he had just had a breakfast. He said that he doesn't need any gifts, and he only wants us to come more often. We sat down and talked about the news updated him about the gossips in our lives. He told us that my cousin with her husband had left before we came. I called her, but she couldn't speak a lot was indisposed at the moment as she had guests some people round/over. When I talked with my grandfather In our conversation, he gramps often repeated that what he wanted most he want is that all is ok with my and my mother we are safe and sound. He regretted that I had left home too early and have to had left the nest and work that so far away. He said also told me that he would like to see me he prays that I happily get married. The parting Saying goodbye was difficult. I love him.

Good essay but you need to know the meaning of some of the words you used more precisely.  For example, the difference between "hug" and "cuddle", "parting" vs "saying goodbye", "couldn't speak" vs "couldn't talk" vs "indisposed" etc.