Never Abandon,Never Give Up

“Never abandon, never give up”, it says that never abandon everybody and never give up self. The honest Sanduo gave us the best answer for this sentence and also gave us more feeling. When we do everything, we must keep never abandon and never give up. Earthquake and flood gave us more difficulties and suffering, but the spirit of never abandon and never give up gave us more miracle and feeling. Success not only depends on lucky, but it depends on instance- insist on our belief, insist on our goal. When we face the difficulties and suffering, if you choose to give up yourself, the success will abandon you. Never abandon is a love and an tolerance’ Never give up is an insistence and an attitude.

“不抛弃,不放弃“就是不抛弃大家,不放弃自己。忠厚老实的许三多就是最好的解释,也给我们太多的感动。做任何事情,我们都要做到不抛弃,不放弃。地震、洪水给了我们太多的苦难和痛苦,但不抛弃,不放弃的精神给了我们太多的奇迹和感动。成功不是靠运气,而是靠自我的坚持。坚持自己的信念,坚持自己的目标。在困难面前如果你放弃了自己,那成功必定会抛弃你。“不抛弃”是一种爱,一种宽容;“不放弃”是一种坚持,一种态度。

Never to Abandon, Never to Give Up

When you write in English, you must assume your readership is an English audience or at least non-Chinese.  You cannot expect them to know Chinese pop-culture, Chinese references etc.  Your audience will be mystified unless you explain to them what it is.  Sometimes, this is not possible due to space and time of the situation.  It is better to omit and give general equivalents in the target language.

Study my line by line translation and compare it to yours.  Ask questions if you don't understand. I skipped the basic literal translation step.  I shall do it for the first few sentences.  If you practise this way often, you will be able to process it in your mind.

“不抛弃,不放弃“就是不抛弃大家,

"no abandon, no give up" this is no abandon us. "Never to abandon, never to give up", this means never to abandon the group,

不放弃自己。no give up myself never to give up on oneself.

忠厚老实的许三多就是最好的解释,loyal honest of 'allow' 'three' 'more' [name of the main character in a Chinese series.  I was puzzled and did not know this until I have to research it on Google!] this is best explanation. The loyal and honest Hsu San Duo (the main character in a Chinese series) [This is one way of explaining to the audience who he is and more importantly, knowing what you are talking about.] is a great example to explain this

也给我们太多的感动。and at the same time, moved us greatly.

做任何事情,我们都要做到不抛弃,不放弃。No matter what we do, we must never abandon our efforts and never to give ourselves up.  [In English, is not not considered good writing to repeat the same sentence structure and the same way the words are used.  This is considered as dull, boring and naggy.  You need to know how to emphasize differently.  Exact repetition is mostly for rhetoric emphasis but it is a highly skilled and carefully used craft]

地震、洪水给了我们太多的苦难和痛苦,

Earthquakes, floods.  All these give us grief, pain and problems.

但不抛弃,不放弃的精神给了我们太多的奇迹和感动

However, the spirit of non-abandonment and perserverance had always give brith to miracles and empathy.

成功不是靠运气,Success rely not on luck,

而是靠自我的坚持。but on our own persistance and insistence.

坚持自己的信念,We must persist in our beliefs.

坚持自己的目标。We must persist in our goals.  [This is repetition for emphasis and so it works]

在困难面前如果你放弃了自己,Upon facing the problem and you give up on yourself,

那成功必定会抛弃你。then success will foresake [I don't want to use "abandon" again because it is getting tiresome] you.

“不抛弃”是一种爱,"Never to abandon" is a kind of love,

一种宽容;a kind of tolerance/indulgence/charity.

“不放弃”是一种坚持,Perserverance is a kind of persistance,

一种态度。a kind of attitude.