Joe
IELTS ESSAY ON AMBITION This is another tough topic for me. It took me 50 minutes to write it down with a pencil before typing it into the computer. Please help me find out mistakes and awkward expressions. Thanks a lot. == THE TOPIC == Ambition is being emphasized in today’s society. How important do you think it is for those who want to succeed in their life? Is it a positive or negative characteristic? == THE ESSAY == People are often encouraged to be ambitious when they are given career advice. Personally I believe ambition can be very important to people’s career success. However, it may have a negative impact on their happiness. In my opinion, ambition is important to people’s success for two reasons. Firstly, it takes years of efforts for people to become successful in their jobs, and so they need to be highly motivated and persistent with their goal. It is impossible to have such motivation and persistence without being ambitious. Secondly, ambition sometimes can lead to much greater success. Without Mark Zuckerburg’s ambition, Facebook would not become a trillion dollar company today. During the early days of Facebook, its marketing manager tried to persuade Zuckerburg to put advertisements on the website in order to make profits. But Zuckerburg had a more ambitious goal for the website and refused it. Today he has proven right, and it is safe to say that Facebook’s huge success is largely because of Zuckerburg’s initial ambition. Although ambition can be fairly positive from a professional perspective, it may be the opposite to people’s happiness. This is because being ambitious makes it more difficult for people to be satisfied. Ambition is what makes people have higher expection from their job or life. However, it does not necessarily lead to the success these people want. While happiness often comes from a sense of satisfaction or accomplishment, ambitious people are less likely to have such fulfillment. They may therefore be less happy than others. In conclusion, ambition can be an important factor of people’s success. At the same time, it may also a cause of unhappiness in life. (276 words)

IELTS ESSAY ON AMBITION

This is another tough topic for me. It took me 50 minutes to write it down with a pencil before typing it into the computer. Please help me find out mistakes and awkward expressions. Thanks a lot.

== THE TOPIC ==

Ambition is being emphasized in today’s society.
How important do you think it is for those who want to succeed in their life?
Is it a positive or negative characteristic?

== THE ESSAY ==

People are often encouraged to be ambitious when they are given career advice. Personally I believe ambition can be very important to a person's career success. However, it may have a negative impact on their happiness.

In my opinion, ambition is important to a person's success for two reasons. Firstly, it takes years of efforts for people to become successful in their jobs, and so they need to be highly motivated and persistent with their goals. It is impossible to have such motivation and persistence without being ambitious. Secondly, ambition sometimes can lead to much greater success. Without Mark Zuckerburg’s ambition, Facebook would not become a trillion dollar company today. During the early days of Facebook, its marketing manager tried to persuade Zuckerburg to put advertisements on the website in order to make (more?) profits, but Zuckerburg had a more ambitious goal for the website and refused it. Today he has been proven right, and it is safe to say that Facebook’s huge success is largely because of Zuckerburg’s initial ambition.

Although ambition can be fairly positive from a professional perspective, it may be the opposite to people’s happiness; this is because being ambitious makes it more difficult for people to be satisfied. Ambition is what makes people have higher expection (either higher expectations or a higher expectation) from their job or life. However, it does not necessarily lead to the success these people want. While happiness often comes from a sense of satisfaction or accomplishment, ambitious people are less likely to have such fulfillment. They may therefore be less happy than others.

In conclusion, ambition can be an important factor of people’s success. At the same time, it may also a cause of unhappiness in life. (276 words)

IELTS ESSAY ON AMBITION

== THE TOPIC ==

== THE ESSAY ==