Cyanidefree
Exercise: Report a Problem to the Manager TASK DESCRIPTION: You recently took a part-time job working for a local company. After a few weeks, you realised there were some problems with the job. Write a letter to the manager of the company. In your letter • explain why you took the job • describe the problems that you experienced • suggest what could be done about them NOTE: It’s important that the letter is not only properly worded and grammatical, but also it fulfils the exact task well as is described above. Sentences should be clear and unambiguous and should be organised logically. MY LETTER: Dear Manager, I have enjoyed working in your company for the last two months. All your staff are kind to me. Unfortunately, due to a new job I have been offered, I need your help to continue working in your company. I have been employed as a telecommunications engineer in DND. I will start to work there from next month on, eight hours a day and five days a week. As I have long dreamed of working as a telecommunications engineer, I really do not want to give it up. Therefore, I will not be able to stick to the current schedule in your company. If it is possible, I would be grateful if you could allow me to work on weekends. Otherwise, we will probably have to discontinue the contract. Because the schedule has been specified in the contract and the contract has not expired, I am willing to pay for the fine. I am sorry for all the inconvenience I have caused to you. I look forward to your reply soon. Yours sincerely, Melaminefree Wang

Exercise: Report a Problem to the Manager

TASK DESCRIPTION:

You recently took a part-time job working for a local company. After a few weeks, you realised there were some problems with the job.
Write a letter to the manager of the company. In your letter
• explain why you took the job
• describe the problems that you experienced
• suggest what could be done about them

NOTE:

It’s important that the letter is not only properly worded and grammatical, but also it fulfils the exact task well as is described above. Sentences should be clear and unambiguous and should be organised logically.

MY LETTER:

Dear Manager,

I have enjoyed working in your company for the last two months. All your staff are kind to me. Unfortunately, due to a new job I have been offered, I need your help to continue working in your company.

I have been employed as a telecommunications engineer in DND. I will start to work there from next month on, working eight hours a day and five days a week. As I have long dreamed of working as a telecommunications engineer, I really do not want to give it up. (Personal reasons are not usually recommend in a letter.) Therefore, I will not be able to stick to the current schedule in your company.

If it is possible, I would be grateful if you could allow me to work on weekends. Otherwise, we will probably have to discontinue the contract. Because The schedule has been specified in the contract and the contract has not expired, I am willing to pay for the fine.  This sentence is a little  confusing.  Whose schedule are you talking about?  The current company or the new company?  Same thing with the contract.   

I am sorry for all any the inconvenience I have caused to you. I look forward to your reply soon.

Yours sincerely,
Melaminefree Wang

Yes. The company wants to improve the work environment. Think of it as a survey for the company. They wanna know in what ways they can help make the staff work efficiently and they want to know what problems the company has since the all the high people can't really tell. Another way to put it is say that many customers keep buying your cakes because its sweet but all of sudden the cake started tasting like fish. You want to know why so you start investigating to see which of your employees or suppliers are changing. So you ask around. Something to that matter.
To be honest no it doesn't. The way you wrote the cover letter is more of trying to balance between two jobs. I think they were asking more of a problem solving idea. For example: I took the job working at XYZ because I knew that this company had great marketing department that can reach everyone around the globe. (This explains why you took the job.) However, there are some problems that need to be issued. Such as there are no deadlines so the contractors, design team etc are not taking things seriously and everyone is turning things whenever they please. So the following projects keeps getting pushed aside. ( this describe the problem you are having.) In order to fix this laziness. I believe that we should form teams with leaders and set deadlines that way all departments can see how far others are working on their projects. ( this gives a solution to the problem.)